3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

I'm going to hurt myself (Read 3386 times)

I will definitely give the stick a go and look into the trigger point stuff. Should have done something a week ago when my calf tightened up. I just kept making it worse. I got in to see my chiro/PT guy today and he did some ART/Graston. That hurt so good. Hopefully this does not linger.

How's it coming along.  I for one am going ca-COO

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

L Train

Today I was in autopilot at the gym. Losing my coconut. Worked til 10 last night and like a freight train the whole time. Need to run.  As I deftly moved from machine to machine I noticed my legs raring and roaring for takeoff.  Mirrors. Too many mirrors. I saw what I felt. It's go time and I'm ready to go.

L Train

So then you vigorously brushed your teeth?

That did jack for me.

How's it coming along.  I for one am going ca-COO

2 days off in a row... on the verge of losing it. It's still sore just walking around. Getting it worked on again tomorrow though I'm not sure that's helping. Grr.

~Sara
              It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

glad but not glad if ya kwim to see others going ca-COO like me. Hope that all of your  feet/injuries  are feeling better ASAP!

I broke down and went to docs and got a prescription of Flexeril. This stuff loops me out. I mean I took half of a dose of a pill that was probably 4 years old (should have been put in the trash) and it still knocked me out.  Anyway got an earlier appointment at a different Ortho so hopefully I'll have MRI's done and be in PT by end of next week early the week after. I'm still doing everything I can so I can get out and run ASAP. I tried yesterday but with all these muscles over compensating it's changed my stride and I'm not looking to add another injury to list.

THIS IS FUCKING FRUSTRATING!!!  I'll be back out tomorrow trying to run knowing me. Am I the only one this stupid?

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Feeling the growl again

THIS IS FUCKING FRUSTRATING!!!  I'll be back out tomorrow trying to run knowing me. Am I the only one this stupid?

You got hit by a damn car.  That does not qualify as hurting yourself unless you jumped in front of it.  So glad you are OK, I've had my share of scary car encounters but have been lucky so far.

I'm worried about compensation stuff now too, it took 5 miles this morning to get to running normal with my tight left leg.

No, you are not special.  There are lots of us here as stupid as you.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ostrich runner

Entirely unrelated, but I just read this, that Jack Daniels was hired by Brevard College. I ran for another school in that conference...I don't recall Brevard even being average for our piddly D2 conference. That would have been a trip to run against them.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Yea, I hit that hurt finally this week.  The good hurt.  Not the hurt that you know you did something stupid.  The good soreness in the legs and total body feeling it.  Nothing spectacular with mileage but it's been a decent week all things considered.  Good thing that vaca starts tomorrow.  We'll see what I can get in then.  Sunny and 80 sounds great right about now.  After next week, it'll be time to crank it up and see what I can build up to.  Can't wait!  It's great to be back to running healthy again.

Well I clearly did something stupid unfortunately. Achilles is slowly getting better. Still no running. Walking is painfree 80% of the time. Seeing my chiro/pt guy twice a week for ART/Graston. Might give accupuncture a try... Finally got out of my funk and got my quickly expanding ass onto an elliptical. Shoot me now.

~Sara
                        It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

DoppleBock

Finally got out of my funk and got my quickly expanding ass onto an elliptical. Shoot me now.

kwowing how skinny and fit you were at Monkey - I would guess this is an not very true - You probably have gained 3# or something ... Just 1 trip to the buffet line for me.

I do wish you a speedy recovery and that you get focussed on taking care of yourself until then.  This time off may be a great thing long term and you will be killing it my summer!

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

For the last week I have been developing piriformis issues now on my left side...I usually get it on the right so this is obviously a compensation issue for the heel issue on the left.  Then yesterday I have to spruce up for work and I chose the wrong pair of shoes; by the end of the day they wore a hole in the side of my left foot.  So now I have 3 injuries in the same leg.  Dammit.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

So now I have 3 injuries in the same leg.  Dammit.

Ok you win. Smile

~Sara

The King of Beasts

So now I have 3 injuries in the same leg.  Dammit.

so you have one good leg ?

I dont see a problem.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”