3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

I'm going to hurt myself (Read 3386 times)

I just hurt myself with a lunch workout.  Ufdah.  I needed that.

Now that's the way to do it!  Nice tempo.

My chances of heading out over lunch just got squashed.  This week is not a good week and I'm losing my motivation to make it really happen.  Let's see, approx 5 power blips/outages in the last 30 min here at work, it's starting to rain which will be turning to sleet, then snow, and the DW has a doc appt at 3:30 which means I have to get home to attend to a kid that has now been sick for 7 days.  I don't know how families with two working parents manage.

Feeling the growl again

I don't know how families with two working parents manage.

They don't have time to go for runs.  Wink

My wife goes back to work in 3 weeks...which is why I needed to make sure we had a working treadmill.  I hear you though, she only works 2-3 days per week.  My parents both worked but father was self-employed so he had the flexibility to deal with doc appts etc.  Two parents with littl work hour flexibility...ugh, that would be tough.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

hope you get your run in today Mike! 

Got a doc appointment tonight at 8. Fingers crossed that it's nothing. Will be heading out for a jog with my husband after dd gets home from school. Not sure I'll get very far so we'll stay close to home. Hopefully I'm wrong

Got one mile done. Legs felt great. Lungs felt like crap. every time I tried to talk I ended up in a coughing fit. After we stopped I coughed for like 2 minutes straight.  Still wheezing *sigh*

MTA: on a side note I wore the Piranna's and they felt very nice! Can't wait to see how they feel doing a speed workout n them

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

when I worked, my husband would go out for a run, when he was showering for work I'd head out for my run. It was usually early enough that the kids were still in bed sleeping.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Well, got 10 miles in split up throughout the night.  Poor boy is still stick and staying home again from school again.  This is his 9th day.  Usually our schedules are pretty good and flexible but this week just has not been a good week.  Getting the TM has helped tremendously as I could run in the morning while the DW is at the gym training with her group.  She has a back strain that is limiting all of her activities.  So with that, a sick kid and work stress, there's never enough time in the day to run!

Pam, hope your doc visit went well last night and that you have some answers.

Prince of Fatness

The leg still doesn't feel right.  I got home and it was raining so I decided to take a day off.  First day off since November 14.

We'll try again tomorrow.  Right now I am having a beer.

Pam, how's it going?

Not at it at all. 

The leg still doesn't feel right.  I got home and it was raining so I decided to take a day off.  First day off since November 14.

Pam, how's it going?

Right there with you with beer, day off due to rain and leg not feeling right.

I'm sure if I drink enough it'll feel good enough for a run..Big grin

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Pam - hope that you're doing well now.

steph  

Pam, how's it going?

Hope it's not so windy there as it is here Tim! It snowed here. Hope you enjoyed your day off!

Well the doc said my heart and lungs sounded good. He even announced that my HR was 44 (this was at 8 at night).He's a runner as well so we chatted a bit. He took blood to check my liver and kidney. 

Good news today is that going to the doctor seems to have scared some of the weight off (down 8lbs got about 5 to go) and my resting heart rate this morning was 38. 

MTA: the lab called and Calcium and something else (wasn't really expecting this and it went in one ear and out the other) were low. Blood sugar was high.  Told me I needed to make a follow up appointment so I did. I'll be going back Tuesday morning

C-R

At least they are getting there rocken. Hope the Dr. hones in on a solution.

Good workout for me today. 15 with 7 at MP in the middle. Overall 7:47 pace in some wicked wind and friggin 26 degrees. We wmight not be seeing snow but winter is reminding us it's still feb here in IN.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Good workout for me today. 15 with 7 at MP in the middle. Overall 7:47 pace in some wicked wind and friggin 26 degrees. We wmight not be seeing snow but winter is reminding us it's still feb here in IN.

Well I am up in central mi for a funeral, rhett long run on back roads this afternoon is going to be a strength workout.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Well I am up in central mi for a funeral, rhett long run on back roads this afternoon is going to be a strength workout.

My condoloences. Sounds like a good run for more than just strength training.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Hoping for the best for you Pam.

And You can keep those 20's CR!  It's going to be in the low 30's here tomorrow morning and 

I'm dreading it!

steph  

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The lab called and Calcium and something else (wasn't really expecting this and it went in one ear and out the other) were low. Blood sugar was high.  Told me I needed to make a follow up appointment so I did. I'll be going back Tuesday morning

Heart and Lungs, whatever. Did the doc say anything about your swollen belly?

A reason for calcium to be low is because it is fine but a blood protein called albumen, which carries calcium, is low. A low albumen and a swollen belly makes me wonder about your liver... Did you get liver tests?

Course, I'm sitting here with my second drink of the day. Maybe I should wonder about my liver.

Heart and Lungs, whatever. Did the doc say anything about your swollen belly?

A reason for calcium to be low is because it is fine but a blood protein called albumen, which carries calcium, is low. A low albumen and a swollen belly makes me wonder about your liver... Did you get liver tests?

Course, I'm sitting here with my second drink of the day. Maybe I should wonder about my liver.

Yes he did liver tests. I guess I will find out come Tuesday.  I tried to call the lab back today to find out what the other thing that came back low but no one answered. Guess that's because officially they aren't open today *sigh*

MTA: I rarely drink and if that's my problem you BETTER start to wonder  lol