3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

July 110% Throwdown (Read 825 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Last week I was literally getting to mile 2.5 and having to stop. Then running in 1/3 - 1/2 mile segments with breaks to get my 5 milers done. Meh.

Feeling the growl again

Last week I was literally getting to mile 2.5 and having to stop. Then running in 1/3 - 1/2 mile segments with breaks to get my 5 milers done. Meh.

You ok?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Sounds eerily familiar. Hope you're doing better.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Just beat down from the travel and the heat and the inconsistency. And some life things. I've gotten back up to 5 miles, though the middle is still tough. Trying to get the sleep I need. Making progress I hope Smile

Feeling the growl again

Just beat down from the travel and the heat and the inconsistency. And some life things. I've gotten back up to 5 miles, though the middle is still tough. Trying to get the sleep I need. Making progress I hope Smile

Well take heart, on Saturday you only have to run 1 mile and you get to stop for fluid every 1/4 mile.

I can sympathize...especially on the sleep part.  Criminy.  I just texted my wife to see if they make caffeine IVs.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

I hear a Red Bull with a espresso double chaser works just as well. I'm off to try one just to see if it can get me out of this funky zone.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I have considered just dropping to 3 miles and doing doubles. That just takes time. The weather has cooled off a bit and I'll see what that does.

Feeling the growl again

I have considered just dropping to 3 miles and doing doubles. That just takes time. The weather has cooled off a bit and I'll see what that does.

Perverse as it is, I'm finally up to where runs in the low 80s are pretty much my standard easy run pace.  Near 90 is another story and outdoor real workouts are still out.  My early lunch run yesterday was almost pleasant.  My afternoon run....not so much.  Of course I was already in a foul mood as I was running outdoors because my 3 month old treadmill was fritzing out on me...again...so my judgement may have been skewed.

C-R

Of course I was already in a foul mood as I was running outdoors because my 3 month old treadmill was fritzing out on me...again...so my judgement may have been skewed.

That's because you beat on it like a rented mule. I'm sure if I ran mine at max pace it (and I) would be toast in a week. Heh.

This throwdown is making Dec look like a walk in the park.

Feeling the growl again

This throwdown is making Dec look like a walk in the park.

I swear, you and WhoDat say the funniest things.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I'm waaaay behind where I need to be. Heat and family vacations have been getting in the way.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

77.8 miles this week, for 180 on the month.  Basically shot par this week but still 15 miles ahead of schedule.

46.8/ 109.7

Took a day off this week, which felt fantastic; still slightly ahead.

Work really took a toll on me this week...lots of ladder work, full sun, no fun.

Taper for a half marathon put me behind big time, Now I got to run close to 150 miles in 2 weeks (of which there will be a couple of no run days), which is close to my monthly high mileage throwing out the outliers.  I predict pain in my future based on my 2 runs today.

Just put up my biggest week ever  (84.1) but it only sort of offset my slack first week, so I'm behind and it's not looking good. Still, I'll either make it or get damn close by the time it's all said and done.

MTA: Week 1* was 68.6

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.