3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Fall 1-Mile Challenge (Read 1148 times)

DoppleBock

Tweaked achillies ... If it feel better by Oct 6th ~ but with no speed work since the TT, I would suspect I will be slower.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Tweaked achillies ...

Those suck.  Have not done anything at a fast pace since April/May of this year.  And there are no plans to even try it anytime soon.  I love running this time of the year.  Now that running on the leg is starting to feel OK, I'm just going to enjoy being out there and logging miles.  And I'm talking my level of miles, not yours.

DoppleBock

I understand.  I have taken a few chances with hills on dirt (trails) and it has survived.  I would not do road hills or anything faster than 8 minute miles for awhile.  Run easy and slow on soft surfaces ... treat with massage and ice/heat and hope like heck (Well actually pray) that it heals pretty quick.  4-6 weeks is the minimum if I do nothing stupid.  But you never know when it turns out to be more persistent and goes 4-6 months.

I have a 50 mile trail race in 26 days I would like to run ~ since it has been 10 days already - that would be 5 weeks post injury ... I am hoping its a quicky.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Feeling the growl again

Heal up...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Next week I will try 5 x 60 seconds with 3 minute recovery jogs.  I am thinking that I will need to slow it down some.

Didn't download the data yet but I did this today and think that I slowed it down just right.  Between that and the 3 minute recoveries I think that I got it down right.  If I had to guess I would say that I ran these under time trial pace but definitely closer than the shorter sets that I had been doing.

If nothing else this is something that I can do once a week without killing myself.

Not at it at all. 

obsessor

One fast mile, after 2.5 mile varied warmup

1:26+
              1:28+
              1:29+
              1:22+
              quarters =
              5:46

goal achieved. Now... to shave off 70 sec.
              obsessor

Thanks for the challenge, guys. I am significantly, significantly, more sore from that one mile than from my recent 5k. 

obsessor

Why is there no one else checking in with results?

This got me wondering, how fast could I run a 1500m?

If my best true mile, on the road, is 4:41 with no specific training, and also a 4:45 (true mile) 6 days after a marathon... let's suppose it is possible to turn that into a 4:20 for 1500M. What then , with a years go at it? Get fast to get fast? No particular reason?

what could an older man do?

Prince of Fatness

Why is there no one else checking in with results?

Next week.

Not at it at all. 

I was wondering the same thing.  As for me, I have had a slight strain on my hip flexor and laying off speed work for a while.  I should be able to run the mile in a couple of weeks.  Hoping for at least 6:30 based on a 6:15 1500m split 2 weeks ago where I was holding back a bit.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

steph  

I'm being crap and hope to do something soon. Had/have a few back issues and now having motivation issues (MTA: not so much about running, but about running fast) and am generally running like a gimp.  Hopefully will be posting a time in the next couple of weeks, but I'll be the only person running something slower than their TT time. 

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

Missing a ton of running and doing a lot of traveling.  I will run mine sometime next week when I am back in town.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Feeling the growl again

Ibut I'll be the only person running something slower than their TT time. 

Not so fast....Er, slow....I quit doing specific mile workout several weeks ago and am solidly focused on ultra stuff now. I have also been lame about weight reduction. I will either run slower or the same, likely.

Hmmm...well I did 2 weeks that involved minimal speedwork and haven't done anything since.  I've just bimbled around runs on holiday with lots of hills, and then just "run" this week while avoiding committing to anything.  Ah well, will be interesting to see how things go...though you have good reasons for not getting the mile work in.  I'm just being a gimp.  And I STILL have to run this 30 miler.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."