3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

April Racing Thread (Read 1407 times)

Was it all a dream?

Could you please add me to the list?

April 10th. Go! St. Louis Marathon.  Sub 2:28.

The weather is looking amazingly shit-tastic, but the hotel room is reserved, the plane tickets are paid for, I'm mostly tapered, so I guess... go big or go home... 

The weather is looking amazingly shit-tastic, but the hotel room is reserved, the plane tickets are paid for, I'm mostly tapered, so I guess... go big or go home... 

Duct tape. For the basket with the hole in it.

I guess Ben just wants Spaniel'd beer and does not care for the MFCEB, which is probably a lock if he runs 2:28

which is probably a lock if he runs 2:28

Heh. Unless someone has a baby again. Which is what happened last time he ran 2:28.

Feeling the growl again

About damned time to post this.  And this was the goal I wanted to see.

Too bad I started with this and had to shift to something a tad softer (reaching the finish line).  It would have been cool.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Tiny refinement on my goal, if you please. Sub 3:08:45. This training cycle has been a big steaming bag of crap, and there's absolutely no evidence to support this goal, but there it is. That's my goal. Running is stupid and so am I. Should be fun.

MTA: The beer part has not changed.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

L Train

Tiny refinement on my goal, if you please. Sub 3:08:45.

Kalsarikännit

You can take me off the list for the 5k I didn't race Sunday, and Mad City which I won't be racing on Saturday.  My peroneal tendonitis has been bad since Dec, and I think I really managed to do a number on myself at that indoor marathon two months ago.  I'm barely running and in terrible shape.  I run every three days, hobble around workfor two days, repeat. 

I still had/have every intention of running rim to rim to rim at the Grand Canyon next weekend.  I've had this trip booked for months, and I have been dreaming of doing this for many, many years.  With the possible government shutdown (seriously, no need to turn this thread into a political rant of whose fault this is), the National Parks will all be shut down, so that may get scratched too.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

You can take me off the list for the 5k I didn't race Sunday, and Mad City which I won't be racing on Saturday.  My peroneal tendonitis has been bad since Dec, and I think I really managed to do a number on myself at that indoor marathon two months ago.  I'm barely running and in terrible shape.  I run every three days, hobble around workfor two days, repeat. 

I still had/have every intention of running rim to rim to rim at the Grand Canyon next weekend.  I've had this trip booked for months, and I have been dreaming of doing this for many, many years.  With the possible government shutdown (seriously, no need to turn this thread into a political rant of whose fault this is), the National Parks will all be shut down, so that may get scratched too.

I have been worried about you since it's been so long since you've posted!

Hope your peroneal tendonitis gets better ASAP!!!  Good luck at Rim to Rim! Get healed!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Feeling the growl again

Good to hear from you, I was wondering what was going on.

Sorry to hear you are encountering such problems.  I'll buy you a beer when I am in town the first part of June or we can both hobble through a lakefront run together.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

injured.

crap.

3 weeks to go to Rotorua.  HTFU leg.

injured.

crap.

3 weeks to go to Rotorua.  HTFU leg.

NO IT CAN"T BE TRUE!!!! Hope it's just tweaking and is feeling better ASAP!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

definitely not just tweaking.  I've been ignoring it since monday and its got worse and worse.  resting now.  and hoping!

Feeling the growl again

definitely not just tweaking.  I've been ignoring it since monday and its got worse and worse.  resting now.  and hoping!

What's wrong with it?  I hope it heals quickly...

Prince of Fatness

What's wrong with it?  I hope it heals quickly...

+1

Not at it at all.