3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

January Racing Thread (Read 1133 times)

C-R

Nads - you can do Feb for me. Natives are getting restless.

Post it and go get it!

Person Race Name Location Date Goal Result
    CR Disney Marathon Orlando FL 1/8 3:25  3:31:52 official + pics and piss
    Ennay  Y2k12 - 10k Forrest Grove OR 1/7 54:30  53:03  Booyeah
    Rockenmamaof5  Philly NYE 5k Philly  1/1 22:30   DNS - too hung over
    Rockenmamaof5  Shiver by the River 5k Parts Unknown  1/8 22:00  22:22
    Beef   Planet Adventure Night Run (HM? or Full?)  Indy  1/28   TBD + drunk*  
    Sol_Hand  Tripple D Bike/ski/run Race Iowa 1/15 Finish*  Finished + 71.31 Miles  7:41:39  and 5 beers
    CEIE  Tripple D Bike/ski/run Race  Iowa  1/15 under 5  
    Milktruck

Smuttynose Indoor Half Marathon 

Milford NH  1/14  1:40:59 w/o dizzy  1:45:47 and a lot of laps
    TeaOlive  Dog Gone Cold 5k  Augusta GA 1/21   24:30  Muddy 24:22
    TonyP Zoo Run 5k Nashvegas 1/21 21:45  22:17 and a new red line on the tach
    TMacky22 Boston Prep Boston (?) 1/22 2:00 ish  2:01:05 and a dead Garmin
    CEIE Dubuque Ultra One would think Iowa 1/28 under 5 6:30 and a definite HTFU type run!

* as they say on ESPN, "C'mon Man"   

Beef and CEIE are MIA on 

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Deal. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

A Saucy Wench

Ennay Y2K12- 10K Forest Grove OR 1/7 54:30

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Ostrich runner

I haven't run a step since Tecumseh, so I'm not sure whether I'll do the half or full...but

Planet Adventure Winter hm/full (in the dark) 1/28 6pm Eagle Creek Park goal: tbd + intoxication

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

I haven't run a step since Tecumseh, so I'm not sure whether I'll do the half or full...but

Planet Adventure Winter hm/full (in the dark) 1/28 6pm Eagle Creek Park goal: tbd + intoxication

Intriguing.  Too bad I can't do it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Jan 8th Shiver by the river  5k goal=22:00  

More than likely ice and cold will be a factor other wise I'd say sub 22

Oh also got  the Philadelphia NYE Midnight Run 5K & PARTY on 1/1/2012 at Midnight. I'm going to say 22:30 for my goal. Heavy loaded week of training and I've never done a 5k at midnight. I may even have some alcohol in me and if that's the case my goal will be to finish without puking

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Ostrich runner

Intriguing.  Too bad I can't do it.

C-R probably doesn't have an excuse though.

C-R

C-R probably doesn't have an excuse though.

Other than being wary of running trails in the dark, not one excuse.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Ostrich runner

It's EC, they aren't really trails. In Boy Scouts we used to call those "handicapped trails." If you can take a wheel chair on them, they don't count.

Feeling the growl again

It's EC, they aren't really trails. In Boy Scouts we used to call those "handicapped trails." If you can take a wheel chair on them, they don't count.

Which part of EC then?  Sure I've run much more technical, but the little fitness loop is about all that fits the above description.  I assumed it was on the road but if on the trails...eh, no thanks.  I think I used up all my luck avoiding injury doing dumb things when I was younger.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Ennay Y2K12- 10K Forest Grove OR 1/7 54:30

10 minutes faster than last year. Nice.  

A Saucy Wench

10 minutes faster than last year. Nice.  

Oh that is such a friendly sweet blowing sunshine up my ass way of looking at it!!  Is that allowed in here?

Last year I was still in the midst of 7 dr appts a week for my car accident and ran with a friend until I got too cold to go that slow.  This year I am just fat and a recovering lazyholic.

MTA - holy fuck seriously?  In 2011 I "raced" only Y2K and Monkey?  Both done at survival trot.    DAAAAAAAMN. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Yes, it's allowed.  I was going to ask you to change your goal to 54:24, but I didn't want to push my luck. 

Ostrich runner

Which part of EC then?  Sure I've run much more technical, but the little fitness loop is about all that fits the above description.  I assumed it was on the road but if on the trails...eh, no thanks.  I think I used up all my luck avoiding injury doing dumb things when I was younger.  Wink

It's a 6.5 mile loop staged out of the beach area, so I assume it's just that main trail around the park. You fast road guys are hilarious. You just did a 141 mile week at good pace and you think running slowly around a loop at EC will injure you? You're so light it should even hurt when you hit the ground if you fall anyway. I'm registering you for DWD Gnaw Bone 50 mile this year and you're gonna like it.

Feeling the growl again

It's a 6.5 mile loop staged out of the beach area, so I assume it's just that main trail around the park. You fast road guys are hilarious. You just did a 141 mile week at good pace and you think running slowly around a loop at EC will injure you? You're so light it should even hurt when you hit the ground if you fall anyway. I'm registering you for DWD Gnaw Bone 50 mile this year and you're gonna like it.

Depending when Gnaw Bone is I'd be game...my sister lives there so the after-party could be arranged easily.

I've got no issues with the EC loop, it's doing it in the dark during winter that worries me.  Trust me, I hit the ground plenty hard.  It's been a few years since I bit it hard but I ended up running 6 more miles with blood frozen all over my front and did not realize it until I got home.  I kinda wondered why all the drivers were staring at me weird.