3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

January Racing Thread (Read 1133 times)

It's supposed to be get up to 50 again Saturday, 40 or so Sunday.

I ran after work yesterday and it was pretty brutal.  Coldest day of the season by far.  Hard to run with all of those layers on.

That is why I chose not to layer up so much since I had planned on a couple miles at 5k race pace, needless to say I wimped out and decided to do 13 miles instead. Stupid is all I can say on my part. 

Looking forward to the warmup IF it happens but I never hold my breath. These weather peeps suck out here

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hmmmm...I never had any thoughts that it was a fru-fru event.  Actually, I assumed you had to kill yourself, some thing or someone in some freak mileage stunt and wrap yourself in the bloody hide of the beast before being allowed to approach the camp fire.

well crap I better exit before anyone notices

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

It's supposed to be get up to 50 again Saturday, 40 or so Sunday.

I ran after work yesterday and it was pretty brutal.  Coldest day of the season by far.  Hard to run with all of those layers on.

Its 48 in Central MN right now and 50+ for tomorrow.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Feeling the growl again

Hmmmm...I never had any thoughts that it was a fru-fru event.  Actually, I assumed you had to kill yourself, some thing or someone in some freak mileage stunt and wrap yourself in the bloody hide of the beast before being allowed to approach the camp fire.

One of the best posts ever.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Potato Head ran for a year with a monster pain in his ass.

Incorrect -- I've never even met the man.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

C-R

Incorrect -- I've never even met the man.

You've read plenty of his posts. QED

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

L Train

Potato Head ran for a year with a monster pain in his ass.  I think he's tough enough to handle a little ribbing.

Finn has ribs? Who knew?

Feeling the growl again

Finn has ribs? Who knew?

Watch your back.  He has eyes everywhere.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Watch your back.  He has eyes everywhere.

Heh

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Prince of Fatness

Potato Head ran for a year with a monster pain in his ass.  I think he's tough enough to handle a little ribbing.

It's a lot more fun to fire right back instead of getting all pissy.  I had no doubt that you would take it in the spirit intended.

Not at it at all. 

A Saucy Wench

53:03  Booyah. 

I want 30 seconds per mile by my March race.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

53:03  Booyah. 

I want 30 seconds per mile by my March race.

Nice job Ennay!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

Disney marathon today. 3:32:01 on my watch. But with 6 piss breaks (ikr) and at least a dozen pictures with characters I feel pretty good about where I am in training. I mean who the hell takes 6 piss breaks during a race. Sheesh.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

A couple more 300+ mile months and you should be all set ;-)

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Disney marathon today. 3:32:01 on my watch. But with 6 piss breaks (ikr) and at least a dozen pictures with characters I feel pretty good about where I am in training. I mean who the hell takes 6 piss breaks during a race. Sheesh.

WTG!!!

Sub 3:30 is yours for the taking!

Oh as far as the number of piss breaks? ME lol I have a nervous bladder which is very small