3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

January Racing Thread (Read 1133 times)

Woo hoo! Congratulations Steph!

Great muddy, wet fun!  Chip time: 24:22.

MTA: first in age group.

I can run a sub 6 pace for a short time.  I have a new max HR... 187... these two things happened in the first half mile of the race.  I guess I can say this... my body felt the pain of a 5k poorly ran. 

22:17.  7th of 28 in AG.  This wasn't a good PR course because of all the turns and a few sections of gravel roads.

I guess I should add my race:

1/21/12 - Zoo Run Run 5k - Nashville, TN, goal PR (sub-21:45)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Great muddy, wet fun!  Chip time: 24:22.

MTA: first in age group.  small pond.

Nice! Was that your first 5K race?

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I can run a sub 6 pace for a short time.  I have a new max HR... 187... these two things happened in the first half mile of the race.  I guess I can say this... my body felt the pain of a 5k poorly ran. 

22:17.  7th of 28 in AG.  This wasn't a good PR course because of all the turns and a few sections of gravel roads.

Even for a poorly run race it was still your fastest 5K in the past 2 years. That PR is just asking to be crushed. Wink

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

I'm Betty if you're Al

Boston Prep 16-Miler.  Goal 2:00:ish.  Official Time 2:01:05.  Garmin died at mile 10.  If I knew how close I was I would have ran faster. Ha!

"I would rather have high expectations and fail then have low expectations and succeed." DB

Thanks, I'm thinking I'll race another 5k in a week or 2 and see if I can't break 21:45.

Even for a poorly run race it was still your fastest 5K in the past 2 years. That PR is just asking to be crushed. Wink

Nice job! I'd say 2:01 IS "2:00ish". 

Boston Prep 16-Miler.  Goal 2:00:ish.  Official Time 2:01:05.  Garmin died at mile 10.  If I knew how close I was I would have ran faster. Ha!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Thanks tony and ra!  

This one was my second 5k but I ran the first one in December knowing that I would be running a 10k immediately after.

This one was very flat.   It rained and the middle two miles or so was on a very muddy trail along the canal.  

It was more fun than any other race i've done! 

steph  

I finished the Ultra Marathon in Dubuque in a blistering 6 hours and 30 mins.  The temps were in the teens to low20's, it was a bit windy, but the snow was the story. It snowed 4 days before the start of the thing.  There was no time to get the muscles acclimated to the slipping and such.  

I injured my foot at the beginning. I have no idea what happened, we a started off on a hill side and I slipped and slid a bit, that is when my foot popped. I dealt with it for awhile and somewhere in the early teen miles, I quit.  Walked into Slo_hand and reported my news to him.  Texted my wife and told her about my frustrations.  I painfully walked/ jogged to mile 22 check in point, where I had a couple of beers, a burger, and some Aleeve!  Figured I made it this far, it was four more miles to the next check in... Okay!  about 40 minuets later, I made the marathon finish.  I have never quit before. This time a beer, a Pepsi, and an orange juice made me feel better.  The next five miles I was hurting pretty good, but I knew Slo was still on the bike... What else was I gonna do?  He was my ride!  It was plenty dark when I lost the trail and had to cross a highway, but with the help of some cyclists, my path was lit and I "ran" in.  At the last check in,  I ordered a beer or three and a cheese burger, then I watched the Packers get beat!  

Good times....  When is the next one....

Hell, that's a good show even in acceptable conditions, CEIE!  Nice grit.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Now that is how it is done when things do not go so well.  Nice work CEIE. Very nice indeed.

Slo

I finished the Ultra Marathon in Dubuque in a blistering 6 hours and 30 mins.  

The conditions for the runners were far from Ideal. 95% of the run is done on a Rails to trails path that is used by the snowmobiles in the winter time. Up until 4 days prior we had no snow and then Dubuque got hit with 6 - 7 inches and the temps stayed below freezing. This means the snow stayed crystalized and never packed. Makes for a soft foot strike but sucks for traction.

As I rode along the trail I could see the runners foot prints and how the toe was digging in on push off leaving a deep divot each time.

There are also no aid stations and the first checkpoint is 20+ miles into the race.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Wow! Nice going CEIE!   And in really yuk conditions too.

steph  

C-R

Alright, the votes are in hand. Since its only one vote, the math was easy for me.

I will have three levels of beer awarded this month.

Chimay Blue goes to Tea Olive for beating that 5k time in some crap conditions

La Fin du Monde goes to Ennay for a getting 2012 started right even if Nader called you out for initially sandbagging

Fat bastard Double goes to CEIE for some grit on that Ultra

Hamms Light goes to Beef so next time lets hear about the race.

That is all.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Ostrich runner

Yeah, the race didn't happen for me. It's looking like I won't have any business racing again until late spring. Who thought living in two cities, working in three, having a wife that works 70 hours a week, and raising an infant would be so time consuming?

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum