3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Please (Read 496 times)

Waiting....

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

Heh. 2 hours sleep, I went to bed around 5:20 instead of getting up. Apparently my youngest read this thread and decided to smite pops. This will teach me to call myself out. Doing penance at lunch and will double. Repeat challenge tomorrow. Gotta start hitting this 3X per week. My batting average may suck but I'm not going to stop swinging this time.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Heh. 2 hours sleep, I went to bed around 5:20 instead of getting up. Apparently my youngest read this thread and decided to smite pops. This will teach me to call myself out. Doing penance at lunch and will double. Repeat challenge tomorrow. Gotta start hitting this 3X per week. My batting average may suck but I'm not going to stop swinging this time.

We're watching!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

C-R

My batting average may suck but I'm not going to stop swinging this time.

I'm with you on that. You can't hit if you aren't swinging.

Plus it's friggin 38 and crystal blue out there today. 

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Plus it's friggin 38 and crystal blue out there today. 

Absolutely beautiful run.  Almost made up for calling myself out and screwing the pooch on that one.

I think somebody fell in the river though, there were cops and fire trucks all over the path on my return leg.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

I think somebody fell in the river though, there were cops and fire trucks all over the path on my return leg.

Wasn't me. I was running along the banks up here in the northern part of the city. I recall a few years ago seeing the same thing when I went out. They had S&R plus a helicopter. 

Glad you got the run in too. Now I have 2.8 left for a 200 mile month. I see a double for me tonight. You? 

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

Glad you got the run in too. Now I have 2.8 left for a 200 mile month. I see a double for me tonight. You? 

You'll spank me on the month total but I'll take double-or nothing on next month.  I have big plans.

Tonight's plan is 7 miles including a 4-mile tempo for baseline.  Likely on the tm as it gets dark so early and I don't like doing tempos with a headlamp.  This is where I will pay for not running in the morning, my two runs will really be too close together.

C-R

You'll spank me on the month total but I'll take double-or nothing on next month.  I have big plans.

Tonight's plan is 7 miles including a 4-mile tempo for baseline.  Likely on the tm as it gets dark so early and I don't like doing tempos with a headlamp.  This is where I will pay for not running in the morning, my two runs will really be too close together.

Nice. I ran a fartlek at lunch so this evening will be a relaxed pace.

And yes, I may win this month's miles battle but I have so doubt you'll lap me next month. But I do plan on throwing out a 250+ for what that's worth. Heh. Ain't making it easy on ya. No way.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I don't normally run during lunch, but the wife wasn't home to feed me and it was so nice out I couldn't resist. I haven't uploaded it from the garmin yet, but that 4.5 miles should put me over 1000 for the year.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

And yes, I may win this month's miles battle but I have so doubt you'll lap me next month. But I do plan on throwing out a 250+ for what that's worth. Heh. Ain't making it easy on ya. No way.

To make it more fair, I think spaniel should have to beat our combined mileage for the month. I'm planning on at least 125 for December.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Ostrich runner

Nice. I ran a fartlek at lunch so this evening will be a relaxed pace.

I ate chili for lunch. So we're even.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

C-R

To make it more fair, I think spaniel should have to beat our combined mileage for the month. I'm planning on at least 125 for December.

This I like. 375 Spaniel. Although I may make a stupid push to run whatever it takes to get to 1750 for the year. I'm still catching up from missing those four months.

I ate chili for lunch. So we're even.

Man am I glad we don't share an office. I had Butternut Squash Soup.

Ostrich runner

Charlie and Barney's is just too close. Covered the whole thing with onions and jalapenos too. Sometimes it's nice having the wife in Lexington.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

This I like. 375 Spaniel.

Fricking A.  Sigh.  OK, fuckers, throw down.  First round of beer on the loser.  If you both lose I get 2 for free.

Feeling the growl again

Charlie and Barney's is just too close. Covered the whole thing with onions and jalapenos too. Sometimes it's nice having the wife in Lexington.

We all have to do Sun King or The Ram for happy hour in December sometime...