3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

April 2015 Race Thread (Read 36 times)

Didn't see one, so here's the place to post and race.

I'll start with this one...

Date Name Race Location Dist. Goal Whatevs Result
    4/18 kencamet Windmill San Fran CA 10k <41:00 needs syrup for that waffling 41:21, did some racin'!
    4/19 Ntown Kevin Kingston Classic Kingston NY 10k <36:00 the right amount of ambitious 35:27 FTW!
    4/20 C-R Boston Boston MA 26.2mi 3:23; reBQ sounds about right 3:30:21; yes!
    4/20 GregC Boston Boston MA 26.2mi 3:20-low seeking the squeaky BQ squeaky 3:22:34!

4/25 CliveF Run For Clean Air Charlotte NC 5k <25:00 first race in forever 23:14; PW but well done
    4/26 Roth Runner London London GB 26.2mi <2:40 third time's the charm 2:38:49 = happily taken

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Thanks Clive.

4/19

Ntown Kevin

Kingston Classic

Kingston, NY

sub 36

Auto PR coming, first 10K for me (hard to believe I haven't run one yet). Back in the day this was a serious race with winners like Greg Meyer, Jon Sinclair, and a host of Kenyans finishing in sub 30. Then the money dried up in 2010, and now it's part of a HITS running festival. Sub 36 is just the right amount of ambitious I think for where I am right now. Should be fun.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Didn't see one, so here's the place to post and race.

I'll start with this one...

Date Name Race Location Dist. Goal Whatevs
        4/19 Ntown Kevin Kingston Classic Kingston NY 10k <36:00 just the right amount of ambitious
        4/25 CliveF Run For Clean Air Charlotte NC 5k <25:00 first race in forever

Welcome back Clive!  Good to see you back on the boards.

kcam

Hmm.  Go ahead and add me to the list with:

4/18

Windmill 10K

SF, CA

<41:00

Not sure about this one ... Start/Finish is located at the dutch windmill in Golden Gate Park, runs up JFK for 3.1 miles (fairly tough grade there) and then turns around for the return trip.  Should be fast on the way back but the first half hill is gonna kill me in the shape I'm in.  My last race was equivalent to a 41:18 10K but I think I'm a little more fit.  41 it is.

Here we go again:

4/26

London Marathon

London, UK

<2:40:00

3rd try at sub 2:40.  Hopefully third time lucky.  I've felt quite crappy the last few days so I'm hoping I've not overcooked it.

Feeling the growl again

Here we go again:

4/26

London Marathon

London, UK

3rd try at sub 2:40.  Hopefully third time lucky.  I've felt quite crappy the last few days so I'm hoping I've not overcooked it.

You've got the fitness and then some.  Go for it!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

You've got the fitness and then some.  Go for it!

Thanks!  I hope you had a good time in Scotland - give me a shout if you are ever London way.

C-R

Good on you Roth. Get that number.

I'm running Boston. Notice I did not say racing. Current fitness is about 3:30 ish so I am going to say 3:23 and requal.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Here we go again:

4/26

London Marathon

London, UK

There won't be any lucky in this one.  You've been in the work and are ready get one up on London.  Just be smart in the next two weeks as tapering can be a fickle beast.

Thanks guys.  I've already had my pre-race cold so that's sorted.  Potentially I could have a stress free taper (tweak, tweak, tweak).

Me

Boston

Training went to shit, so now the goal is to squeak out a BQ. Something low 3:20ish.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

There are tons of great races this weekend (and Monday of course). I hope everybody runs well. Ken, you look ready for your 10k.. and Kev.. you might be closer to 35 than 36. And Greg.. Im sure it will turn out well. Head down.. knocking out the miles.

And we run because we like it
                          Through the broad bright land

Feeling the growl again

Me

Boston

Training went to shit, so now the goal is to squeak out a BQ. Something low 3:20ish.

Good luck!

I left Boston by Amtrak today for Philly.  I am glad it was not the airport so I could avoid the first of the Boston jackets arriving.  That would have flared up an already pissy mood on missing the marathon.

Not that I am in any shape to run it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Good luck!

I left Boston by Amtrak today for Philly.  I am glad it was not the airport so I could avoid the first of the Boston jackets arriving.  That would have flared up an already pissy mood on missing the marathon.

Not that I am in any shape to run it.

I have one of those jackets. I'm not bringing it. That nor any ability to race.

Crap

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

. and Kev.. you might be closer to 35 than 36. 

Heh - you were right by 3 whole seconds...35:27 for the win. Really nice day out there, and felt like a hard honest effort.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                                We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes