3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

April 2015 Race Thread (Read 36 times)

Heh - you were right by 3 whole seconds...35:27 for the win. Really nice day out there, and felt like a hard honest effort.

Pretty solid PR and a win to boot!  Congrats on the run. Just look who you are now with in the list of Kingston Classic runners.

Heh - you were right by 3 whole seconds...35:27 for the win. Really nice day out there, and felt like a hard honest effort.

Excellent!  Great run Kevin!

Thanks guys...and, it appears they screwed up the timing - they have me at 35:27, second in 35:28 and third in 35:48. From the pics (and from being in the race, I crossed the line about 10 seconds ahead of those guys who were right next to each other, and we all started on the line together - I have a feeling they missed my time and just bumped everyone up one? Dunno. There was no finish clock, and I don't wear a watch, so I'll never know, and will have to just take the time as reported. Still pleased though. And win is awesome.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
        kcam

Congratulations on the win in your 10K.  No pressure for your next 10K but you are undefeated at this distance!

My 10K wasn't quite as good as Kevnin's but still a very, very good race for me.  I didn't hit that sub 41 but ran 41:21 on a course that was slower than I anticipated.   I ran mostly on my own until the last two miles where I caught and passed #12 and #11 and just missed #10.   I felt like I actually 'raced'.  So, yeah, 41:21 ain't exactly the most wonderful time (don't get me wrong I am grateful and happy to have run it yesterday) but I am definitely headed in the right direction.

I stopped running after CIM 12/7, until basically mid-Feb.  2015's races, in terms of AG (the oddball distances are my club's Saturday morning road workouts - we run them as races):

1/10/2015 - 2.75M - 67.4%

3/7/2015  - 5.74M  - 69.1%

3/14/2015 - 3.00M - 70.8%

3/22/2015 - 5K      - 74.5%

3/28/2015 - 4.76M - 74.9%

4/11/2015 - 2.75M - 75.4%

4/19/2015 - 10K    - 76.1%

Can't argue too much with that progression.

C-R

3:30:21 for me. Lack of goo training caught me in the hlls. Managed tp push through but I gave up a lot in doing so.

What I like about running is that there is no place to hide. If you didnt put in the work, you dont get the results.

Oh and the weather was, well, fun.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Squeaked it out. 3:22:34. Mixed feelings, but for today, I'll take it. Onward.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

Congrats on the run yesterday CR and Greg.  Cold, wind and rain...makes for a tough race, especially in a marathon.  Great job!  It was fun to watch and track runners. The elite races were something else. The announcers could have been a little better though.  Just like the flutter of the singlets on the runner's back is an indication of how windy it is....might it be that they were going 12+ mph?

Good on you Roth. Get that number.

I'm running Boston. Notice I did not say racing. Current fitness is about 3:30 ish so I am going to say 3:23 and requal.

Crap-monkey! I completely missed this post. Sorry, dude.

And congrats on the good race and the re-BQ!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

C-R

So making lemonade out of lemons - I finished ahead of my bib number in the overall results. Not sure what that means other than I really need to train properly.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Bonus embarrassing post-race interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkvfwMtpUEY

I wanted to say something clever like "I only drank light beers this week to train for this", but staring at the little eye of the iphone, all I could come up with were cliches...

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

ha! I was thinking the same thing. Fluttering usually occurs around 5 min miles. The next best thing to an American winning was Desisa (seems like a great guy) and Rotich (love how she punched through the tape!).

Just like the flutter of the singlets on the runner's back is an indication of how windy it is....might it be that they were going 12+ mph?

And great result Greg and C-R. It looked tough out there. Wind is the worst!

And we run because we like it
                        Through the broad bright land

C-R

I stayed up and watched the replay of the men's and women's race and they need a new commentating crew or they need to do more homework on the runners tactics and effects of course conditions. All that being said it was some great racing front the elites. And Meb showed why people simply love the guy. Grabbing that ladies hand and raising arms across the finish line was frighin awesome.

The big three four:

Kipsang - 1st, 2014 New York (2:10:59); 1st, 2014 London (2:04:29 CR)

Kimetto - 1st, 2014 Berlin (2:02:57 WR); DNF, 2014 Boston

Kipchoge - 1st, 2014 Chicago (2:04:11); 1st, 2014 Rotterdam (2:05:00)
                            Roth Runner - Easter 10k (35:02), Dulwich Parkrun (16:27)

Should be a great race! Really rooting for you RR!

4/26

London Marathon

London, UK

<2:40:00

And we run because we like it
                            Through the broad bright land

kcam

The big three four:

Kipsang - 1st, 2014 New York (2:10:59); 1st, 2014 London (2:04:29 CR)

Kimetto - 1st, 2014 Berlin (2:02:57 WR); DNF, 2014 Boston

Kipchoge - 1st, 2014 Chicago (2:04:11); 1st, 2014 Rotterdam (2:05:00)
                              Roth Runner - Easter 10k (35:02), Dulwich Parkrun (16:27)

Should be a great race! Really rooting for you RR!

+1.  Have a great race RR.

Thanks guys, you gave me a chuckle with this one - I thought it was a bit out of order the other lads couldn't be bothered to turn out for the Easter 10k tune up race TBO.