3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

+1

There's a monster lurking out there....all this talk of USPS and FedEx, I hope someone doesn't go postal with this crazy shit.

Feeling the growl again

Why do I get this voice in my head of Spaniel saying "I must break you." in his best Ivan Drago accent.

The reason you are in deep shit is that I have Drago's brainless motivation combined with Rocky's work ethic.

You're fucked.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

+1

There's a monster lurking out there....all this talk of USPS and FedEx, I hope someone doesn't go postal with this crazy shit.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

Running is stupid.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

You just keep on running Forrest. Quit aint in my vocabulary. And don't be bringing frankengun out just yet. Time for an epic stupid weekend stunt.

The reason you are in deep shit is that I have Drago's brainless motivation combined with Rocky's work ethic.

You're fucked.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Just think, if you 3 (Spaniel, C-R, and rabutler) all made your logs private for the rest of the month, the contest would have a whole new cool bluffing aspect to it. There could be exaggeration,slow-playing, downright lies and trickery. All you'd know is what your opponent said here. You'd be going crazy wondering what the other side is really doing. Of course C-R and ra could communicate privately, being that they're a team. "How much did that crazy bastard Spaniel run today? Damn, I don't know, I better tack on 5 more miles..." It would be fascinating to see the final totals.

I don't expect you to do any of this, mind you, I just like the idea.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I've done mileage competition with a friend who lags in his logging, which makes it more guesswork indeed -- and that is entertaining, if a bit annoying.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Cool Jump Suit

This gun looks familiar.......

So bittersweet,
                  This tragedy
                  Won't ask for absolution;
                  This melody,
                  Inside of me,
                  Still searches for solution.
                  A twist of faith,
                  A change of heart
                  Cures my infatuation.
                  A broken heart, 
                  Provides the spark
                  For my determination.

I've done mileage competition with a friend who lags in his logging, which makes it more guesswork indeed -- and that is entertaining, if a bit annoying.

I once did a billable-hours contest with a guy at my old job under those circumstances.  It sucked.  (Plus, he cheated.)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

Just think, if you 3 (Spaniel, C-R, and rabutler) all made your logs private for the rest of the month, the contest would have a whole new cool bluffing aspect to it. There could be exaggeration,slow-playing, downright lies and trickery. All you'd know is what your opponent said here. 

I would consider that unsportsmanlike.  I plan to win with my feet, not trickery.  I log my runs as soon as convenient after I run.

Feeling the growl again

You just keep on running Forrest. Quit aint in my vocabulary. And don't be bringing frankengun out just yet. Time for an epic stupid weekend stunt.

Oh I don't expect you to quit.  I'm just creating some separation so you can't pull some hero weekend at the end of the month that I can't respond to.   You guys have some room for hero antics; I've run 130 miles in the past week, how am I supposed to respond to a major move late?  Run 150?  Heh.

If it makes you better I had to sleep in this morning.  Apparently tripling two days in a row just isn't going to happen this early in the month.

C-R

If it makes you better I had to sleep in this morning.  Apparently tripling two days in a row just isn't going to happen this early in the month.

That does help since all I could manage was a scrimpy four. Getting to the hotel at 1am and needing to leave for my 2 hr drive in a few minutes and then landing home at midnight doesn't leave much. Sorry ra. I will make it up tomorrow.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

That does help since all I could manage was a scrimpy four. Getting to the hotel at 1am and needing to leave for my 2 hr drive in a few minutes and then landing home at midnight doesn't leave much. Sorry ra. I will make it up tomorrow.

Well that just makes us even for the sick kid/no sleep days.  Consider it a rest day to pound some pavement over the weekend.

It's either the crazy talk here or lack of sleep that has me on the verge of doing something stupid today.  Here's my plan:  Since I was in to work at 2 am this morning, a day's work has me leaving around noon.  Enough time for a run and then another go on the TM later tonight.  Oh, what an exciting Friday.  This mileage shit is stupid and intriguing all at once.

C-R

Had to run from the back part of terminal B to terminal A to catch the last flight home. Typically it wouldn't matter but since this is now bloodsport. How do you log that?