3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

Feeling the growl again

As for me, two hours in the books today.  

Dude, nice.  I was hoping to stretch my 12-miler out into a real long run but the kids reached critical attention threshhold and I couldn't.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

... Plus you arsewipes made me run a double for the first fecking time ever.  There is something wrong about that (even if it was less than the requisite 4 miles that should count as a real run).

Excellent.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Feeling the growl again

WTH - spaniel has double what any of us have.

It appears A1 is behind on his logging, that's all.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Prince of Fatness

It appears A1 is behind on his logging, that's all.

And quite possibly Schneidr, too, unless there is 10 feet of snow on the ground in Minnesota already.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

I think spaniel is trying to set a pace he thinks we can't keep up with in the the hopes that we will either give up or blow up. I'm not giving up. I can't promise I won't blow up ;-)

I was hoping all this stupid running would help me drop a few pounds too, but I've actually gained some weight. Since I've started upping mileage I've been constantly hungry and eating all the time.

Hey C-R, I've logged more miles than you so far this week. Get out there and run ya pansy ;-)

MTA: stupid ipad formatting

Um. I just didn't log the first one today as I've been working on this project again with little room to even get my head out of writing and calcs.

Another one tonight for good measure. Tomorrow will be tough as I leave on a 3 day trip to Chicago.

My wife asked me at lunch - "You do plan on running again tonight? There's beer on the line." Man I love that woman.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Um. I just didn't log the first one today as I've been working on this project again with little room to even get my head out of writing and calcs.

Another one tonight for good measure. Tomorrow will be tough as I leave on a 3 day trip to Chicago.

My wife asked me at lunch - "You do plan on running again tonight? There's beer on the line." Man I love that woman.

Nice.  You guys will eek back a couple miles today.  However I will run just as much tomorrow as I do today.

Maybe more.

Yeah, I'm now popping advil for pelvic pain and I can't lay on my side as it aggravates it.

Assholes.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

What? I'd decided my goal was to catch up to C-R. Just accomplished that. But, I'm not going back out tonight. You guys are tough.

Prince of Fatness

Keeper.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Oh...uh....never mind then.

Do you listen to your wife though. That's a smart woman.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Nice.  You guys will eek back a couple miles today.  However I will run just as much tomorrow as I do today.

Maybe more.

Yeah, I'm now popping advil for pelvic pain and I can't lay on my side as it aggravates it.

Assholes.

Careful not to hurt yourself too bad. Although I want to win, I'd rather it be because we ran 501 miles and you only ran 500, not because you injured yourself and couldn't run Wink

My calves have been sore all week. Not a bad painful sore, just a getting a lot of work sore.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

10 days in and my left ankle is sore, butt is sore and who knows what. Only managed a lousy 5k this evening.

Well tomorrow's another day.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

10 days in and my left ankle is sore, butt is sore and who knows what. 

Well it must not have been so bad this morning....

Yeah, I was up at 5:30am with the usual pelvic pain.  I only feel it lying down so running is good to go.  16 degrees with a biting breeze this morning, fun stuff.  Glad I broke down during one of my lunch runs and jogged into a running store for new running pants, my  decade old ones were not up the the December Mileage Throw-Down challenge and were falling apart before my eyes.

Feeling the growl again

My calves have been sore all week. Not a bad painful sore, just a getting a lot of work sore.

The most shocking thing about this whole experience is that I've had zero muscular pain.  Nada.  Very unusual.  Typically pushing mileage I'm not used to...and I think this counts...I get all sorts of sore for awhile.  Perhaps it's because nearly half of my running has been on the hamster wheel, but the worst I've had to deal with is the pelvic pain, chafing (restocked the body glide), and lots of fatigue.

C-R

Yup. Nothing sore for run #1. Need to do some work at the barn and drive to Chicago. There's a TM up there with my name on it tonight.