3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I've now run a 40 mile week for the first time ever and I've run a 50 mile week for the first time ever and I found $20 on my run this morning. Woohoo! Big grin

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

I've now run a 40 mile week for the first time ever and I've run a 50 mile week for the first time ever and I found $20 on my run this morning. Woohoo! Big grin

Save that $20 for the beer you'll owe me.

I ran a 16-miler and still lost a mile to the competition this morning?  That just ain't right...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

Hell, I might even log a 50 mile week this week which is something that hasn't happened since early 2010.

Done.  First 50 mile week since April 2010.

Not at it at all. 

C-R

Well done Tater. You earned your beer this week.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Awesome.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

C-R

Awesome.

I see you are gaining some momentum Hoppity. Cool.

I now log stalk too many people. Thanks for leading me to yet another vice Spaniel.  Stupid running stunts and excess log stalking.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Prince of Fatness

Thanks but honestly it's not that big of a deal.  I've been over 40 for almost every week since March.  There just always seemed to be something that prevented 50.  If it wasn't for this stupid challenge for example, Wednesday I wouldn't have ran.  But instead I did a quick 5 miler in the cold sucky rain.  That's why I signed up for this challenge, to take the "fuck it, I ain't running" out of the equation.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Save that $20 for the beer you'll owe me.

I ran a 16-miler and still lost a mile to the competition this morning?  That just ain't right...

Hah! I wouldn't be picking out your beer just yet, there's still a lot of running left in the month. Although I must admit you are putting up some pretty impressive numbers.

I'm spending my $20 on pizza. Joking

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Nicely done!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Okay.  

When this started part of me thought to go for 300.   However the sensible part thought that I'd be lucky to get 260.

I have yet to have a 300 month.  Came close in Sept.   So, for better or worse I'm upping my my goal to 300.  

That's all.  

steph  

L Train

Thanks but honestly it's not that big of a deal.  I've been over 40 for almost every week since March.  There just always seemed to be something that prevented 50.  If it wasn't for this stupid challenge for example, Wednesday I wouldn't have ran.  But instead I did a quick 5 miler in the cold sucky rain.  That's why I signed up for this challenge, to take the "fuck it, I ain't running" out of the equation.

50 mile weeks are childs play or so I recall. 

I have to say I'm LOVING THIS!!! Keeps me motivated enough to get my training in that I need but yet I can watch others do stupid stuff so that I don't feel the need too lol, though can't say that had this challenge been like any other month I MAY have fallen into the "trap" . However between weather, kids and travel I'll be lucky to achieve my goal. Speaking of traveling I'll be heading to Florida Tuesday to spend some much needed time with 2 of my older sons. Guess I need to bring my computer so I can read this thread so that it will motivate my ass to get up before the crack ass of dawn and either get out for a run or one in the hotel fitness center.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Prince of Fatness

50 mile weeks are childs play or so I recall. 

Dude, you are so late with this that it is not even funny.

Not at it at all. 

Prince of Fatness

Speaking of traveling I'll be heading to Florida Tuesday to spend some much needed time with 2 of my older sons. Guess I need to bring my computer so I can read this thread so that it will motivate my ass to get up before the crack ass of dawn and either get out for a run or one in the hotel fitness center.

Wait, you are going to Florida and you are worried about getting miles in when you have glorious weather?  Wink

Enjoy the time with the kids.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Hah! I wouldn't be picking out your beer just yet, there's still a lot of running left in the month. Although I must admit you are putting up some pretty impressive numbers.

I'm spending my $20 on pizza. Joking

You guys did well this weekend.  As long as C-R runs tonight, you'll come out ahead for the second day in a row.

Taking a weekend is easy, it's carrying it through the week that counts.  I laid down 141 miles this week and finished feeling pretty good.

What the hell is wrong with this picture.  Had I known this was in the cards when we started I never would have opted in.  

That said, you've got 9 days until I am on vacation with time on my hands.  

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills