3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

C-R

I get it bimbling = hobbyjogging

Sort of like chip = french fry

Churchill was correct when he stated that Britain and the United States were a people divided by a common language.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Hehe.  Plus I run on the pavement, not the sidewalk.

Yup, and bimbling=hobbyjogging, but in my case it equated to extreme hobbyjogging as bimbling long runs will be even more hobbyjoggeresque than my normal ones.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

Argh.  226 then.

I detect some bimbling long runs coming on...

(in my defence 7 more miles per week seems a lot to a hobbyjogger and bimbler like me)

Nice.  The aggressiveness in here keeps me all warm inside.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Not sure that I'll be able to achieve this with all that's going on this month, however I may as well give it a shot. Not that I really need to do that much this month however it will be a good start for my 50 mile training.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Prince of Fatness

(in my defence 7 more miles per week seems a lot to a hobbyjogger and bimbler like me)

Think of it in terms of time.  At your easy pace that looks to be right about at an hour.  You just need to find that hour.

Not at it at all. 

So I'm one of those Canadian nut jobs, My goal for the last 2 months was to hit 400k.  Did it both times.  Now time to up the ante which would be 450k or in 'merican terms 280 miles.

Let's go. It's on.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Alrighty then....looks like we've got some folks stepping up. I threw out 125 because I knew I could do it. Since everyone else is stretching, let's make mine 150. Take that spaniel Big grin

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

Alrighty then....looks like we've got some folks stepping up. I threw out 125 because I knew I could do it. Since everyone else is stretching, let's make mine 150. Take that spaniel Big grin

Damn.

Asshole.

It's Day 1 and I'm already tired.

Awesome...now I have to AVERAGE 13miles/day.

Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

Hah.

Spaniel. You know I like porters or Belgian triples right.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

L Train

More than Nader.

Good grief.  How did you know that I was thinking about doing next-to-nada this month?   

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Rounding my plan up, put me down for 165 ... which "would be my biggest month since JAN (damn injuries)."

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

L Train

I thought about calling out Kmark, but we're moving in opposite directions (like you and I are) AND I have trouble with the metric system.  Therefore, you win.  Congratulations.

Prince of Fatness

So I'm one of those Canadian nut jobs

You say that as if you're proud of it.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Good grief.  How did you know that I was thinking about doing next-to-nada this month?   

What are you, French? 

Stand the line and fight, man...