3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

Feeling the growl again

Hah.

Spaniel. You know I like porters or Belgian triples right.

You need to run 7.5 yet today just to even the tally, and I still have an evening treadmill run left.  Don't count your bottle caps quite yet.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Good grief.  How did you know that I was thinking about doing next-to-nada this month?   

What the fick.

We can't have a Nadless Dec. This is a no neutering zone

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

C-R

You need to run 7.5 yet today just to even the tally, and I still have an evening treadmill run left.  Don't count your bottle caps quite yet.

You ever hear the tortoise and the hare story.

Oh, I also like unibrue

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

L Train

This is going to turn into one of those stupid things that comes down to a 12/31 dumbass thing.  Last year I stopped on 2999 just to prove that I could.  Then WG suckered me into running 2 miles on NYE in the dark because I had to get to 3100 miles which would be 5,000K which sounded sorta cool. 

Then on 1/1 Bonkin informed me that I didn't really run 5,000K because of some weird 3.1006 metric conversion bullshit.  I hate running.

Feeling the growl again

You ever hear the tortoise and the hare story.

We shall see in 30 days.  I'd rather hold the high ground than be trying to climb out of the trenches though.

Honestly I expect a lot of back-and-forth for much of the month, unless someone cries uncle early.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

We shall see in 30 days.  I'd rather hold the high ground than be trying to climb out of the trenches though.

Honestly I expect a lot of back-and-forth for much of the month, unless someone cries uncle early.

Hah. Just a reminder. I'm not French. I'm Irish. Death before dishonor.

What the fick.

We can't have a Nadless Dec. This is a no neutering zone

In that case, maybe a day or two off will do.

My right calf is a little screwy, since about a week before my race.  

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

L Train

In that case, maybe a day or two off will do.

My right calf is a little screwy, since about a week before my race.  

I'm likely taking Christmas Day off, if that helps.  I doubt I'll be much competition,. but I'll do my best to keep you honest. 

Is this the same "grabbing" issue you had before?

Yeah, my right calf has always been my big bugaboo. I'm not really going to pay it too much attention. I've found that giving any one "niggle" to much attention just makes it worse.  Just generally giving my whole self a little running scale-back and things should resolve themselves.  

L Train

Yeah, my right calf has always been my big bugaboo. I'm not really going to pay it too much attention. I've found that giving any one "niggle" to much attention just makes it worse.  Just generally giving my whole self a little running scale-back and things should resolve themselves.  

So are we throwing down or are you going to be a Nancy boy?

I want to, but really, every Winter I screw up my calf because I don't back off a bit.  

C'mon L Train, let's go.

You can't challenge a guy who planned on doing little and is nursing a calf ouchie.

Oh and I won't be doing any Dec 31 nonsense.

Think of it in terms of time.  At your easy pace that looks to be right about at an hour.  You just need to find that hour.

Thanks.  That's definitely an easier way to think about it.  10 minutes more on 6 of my runs, keep one the same...20 minutes on the long run, 4 with 10 more minutes..lots of comfy variations.  Sounds really feasible like that. 

The way I'm feeling tonight, I don't think I'll be running tomorrow (had hoped for at least 7 before a weekend where the max was likely to be 10, and it's more likely I'd get 0-5).  This stupid girl cold had better stop making me cough and ache (why do my joints, face, and bones ache when I get a cold), the tissues up my nose to make it stop pouring are annoying, but at least it's not something that makes you hurt. Damage limitation might mean it's better to avoid the run if I'm feeling much worse in the hope I'm better quicker (last time I ran through something that made me feel like this I got a chest infection that messed me up for a while).  However mileage and happiness limitation means running would be better.  Hmmm.

Oh well, if I don't run until Monday, that's what, the 5th?  So, 216.5 miles between the 5th and 31st...could get interesting for me, my biggest mileage week ever is 60 (and that had a mega bimble 22 miler in it)...meh, I'm wanting to try.    I also need to get my husband to get fitter quickly, nice long runs out over Christmas are far more likely if he's feeling fitter...otherwise I'll be trying to get out around whatever he'd rather do.

I guess all of this is good for my 30 for 30 in Feb (yes, I know I'm stupid, no, I haven't run a marathon ever, and no I won't be properly trained, but it will be a bimble).

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

L Train

I want to, but really, every Winter I screw up my calf because I don't back off a bit.  

Oh good grief, I'm just messing with you.  Get yourself better.

Monkey then. 

Hmmm. The way the calendar sets up this month 200 should be a close call for me, but I'll throw out 227 because A) It'll keep Hop on her toes and B) It's my PR in bowling, so it's a number I like.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.