3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

Feeling the growl again

Oh come on. I can barely run a half-marathon. I'm like half a runner, so you're really only going up against 1.5 runners worth of mileage.

BTW, 12.1 + 7.5 > 15.5

Just sayin' Wink

No, you're a runner who has barely scratched the surface.  I did not overlook the clear trend on your 52-week mileage graph.  If you and C-R both unleash your potential I am in deep shit.

That said, keep the snarky replies on mileage superiority coming while you are still in a position to do so.  You don't have much time left. Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Me loves some snark.

You know what they say. If you ain't the lead dog, the view never changes. Big grin

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

L Train

The fact that I just this morning received my rejection from my running club for a Boston entry should really just make me want to go back to the couch.  What the fuck do I need to run 280 miles in December for then? 

Carl A

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

C-R

The fact that I just this morning received my rejection from my running club for a Boston entry should really just make me want to go back to the couch.  What the fuck do I need to run 280 miles in December for then? 

So get one of those charity entries, raise some money and kick your running clubs designated runners ass in Boston. Proof they made a poor decision.

Anger is a good motivator to get off the couch and drop 300 in Dec.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

L Train

This is what I was thinking.  Poor kmark.

Feeling the growl again

In college I felt similarly slighted when I was designated as the team alternate at rifle team sectionals, the match they used to do the national rankings/awards.  But I shot the match with something to prove and ended up embarassing some of my teammates; if I had been a scoring member we would have been top 4 in the nation.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

Besides, I don't know why I need to run 400ish miles this month either. 

Don't MAKE me bring BCR here to motivate you...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

So get one of those charity entries, raise some money and kick your running clubs designated runners ass in Boston. Proof they made a poor decision.

Just one. I just want you to take one of them down, Traino. Come on!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

C-R

Don't MAKE me bring BCR here to motivate you...

Alright, now that's going a bridge too far.

L Train

I'm not getting a charity number.  No offense intended to those who do, but it's not for me.  Even the club entry was a bit sketchy for me, but I justified it to myself because I had a qualifying time.  Anyhoo. 

This is all probably for the best.  Plenty of other races out there in the spring, maybe a marathon, maybe not.  I'll train with my friends who are all running Boston as if I am, and I'll be better for it.  Then at some point I'll kick some club member's ass in a race and smile. 

Back to the throwdown.  Not yet ready for dealing with BCR yet though, thanks.     

This is what I was thinking.  Poor kmark.

Uh oh.  Is this the end of the couchsitter\chipeater.

C-R

This is going to escalate to stupid levels real soon.

I had a nice 5k planned today but the thought of Spaniel hitting the tm tonight made 10k such a nicer number.

Glad I don't believe in  tapering or anything like that for the trail marathon tomorrow.

I'd join this, but i'm not going to run much....just enough to get over 3000 miles for the year without trying too hard. I've gotta take a down month. I'm falling apart.

Feeling the growl again

Glad I don't believe in  tapering or anything like that for the trail marathon tomorrow.

Dammit.  I forgot about that.  Just when I was starting to feel good about my plans to build a little cushion over the weekend.

C-R

Dammit.  I forgot about that.  Just when I was starting to feel good about my plans to build a little cushion over the weekend.

Didn't think we were gonna make this easy eh?

Oh and I was just approved for my vacation between Christmas and New Years and I need to get to 50% in the 52 in 52 group just to stay in the club so I see a definite stunt week to close things out.

C'mon Candice - 3106 or 5000k sounds so much better.