3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

September racing thread (Read 19 times)

Behr, we owe the man a pint.  I'm not sure the next time I plan to be in the UK though...

Outstanding.  Awesome running Roth. I'd be happy to buy you a couple of pints for the effort if I ever get the chance.

Feeling the growl again

Outstanding.  Awesome running Roth. I'd be happy to buy you a couple of pints for the effort if I ever get the chance.

+1, I got Purdy so pissed he could barely function the next day and all he did was take me for an easy run in the countryside.

I miss that guy around here....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Thanks all!  I must admit I'm a bit shocked that I have a 15 something against my name, though I have to own up and say a track 5,000m definitely made this more feasible!

I remember spending quite a while hitting my head against the sub 17 wall in 2011-2013 before I stepped up a level, so to get sub 16 is pretty immense for me.

As for beer - I would love to take you up on your kind offers and to buy a few back in return - maybe I will make it out for a spaniel beer mile one year.  If you can add a wine mile I may get that idea past the missus.... 

Feeling the growl again

Thanks all!  I must admit I'm a bit shocked that I have a 15 something against my name, though I have to own up and say a track 5,000m definitely made this more feasible!

I remember spending quite a while hitting my head against the sub 17 wall in 2011-2013 before I stepped up a level, so to get sub 16 is pretty immense for me.

As for beer - I would love to take you up on your kind offers and to buy a few back in return - maybe I will make it out for a spaniel beer mile one year.  If you can add a wine mile I may get that idea past the missus.... 

You do know I MAKE wine, right?  I have roughly 50 gallons in process right now....it will be more than ready for beer mile...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

kcam

Congratulations!!  It must feel great to be a 15-something 5K man.  The only time I ever ran under 18 the whole drive home I kept thinking "wow, I ran 17-something!".  What a feeling.  It's why we do this stupid hobby ... enjoy!

Unbelievable! Great work. You must be walking on air!

OK - no official times yet, but I think I did it.  15:56 on my watch.  It wasn't a done deal with 400m to go but I managed to find some extra puff to hopefully make it.  Not a perfect race as I struggled to pass people early on, which meant I got disconnected from my club mate and the main pack mid-race, leaving me a little adrift.  But utterly thrilled to make it into the 15's!!

And we run because we like it
              Through the broad bright land