3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

December Mileage Throw-Down (Read 1970 times)

C-R

I see that now. So upon further review. The play stands as called on the field.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I hope this rain is big fat heavy jiggly snow in Canada.

no dice compadre... weather is pretty great for December and it looks like it will continue all week.

Feeling the growl again

She looks jiggly.

Yes, I could juggle those.

I read from left to right.  I never got to the jiggly part.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Prince of Fatness

I said that I would go out, and I will.

And I did.  5.3 miles ... good enough.  24 days left, 154.2 miles to go.  I'm in good shape.

Not at it at all. 

23 runs left (unless I start doublin', which, I would not discount right now), 181 miles.  Still breathing through a mass of snotty lung, windpipe and nose.  This is actually going to be a bigger challenge than I thought it would be last week.   

If anyone else runs over their target, can I buy some miles off you?  I can send whisky or something in exchange for them?

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Feeling the growl again

23 runs left (unless I start doublin', which, I would not discount right now), 181 miles.  Still breathing through a mass of snotty lung, windpipe and nose.  This is actually going to be a bigger challenge than I thought it would be last week.   

If anyone else runs over their target, can I buy some miles off you?  I can send whisky or something in exchange for them?

You can count me extras towards yours...WRFW (Will Run For Whiskey).

I always felt running while stuffed up helped clear everything out and then I'd feel better for a few hours.  Double and you get the benefit twice a day.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Feeling the growl again

WTF rabutler.  I know you guys are falling behind, but it's a bit unsportsmanlike to pay the local USPS driver to try and take me out.  Shit that was close.  I hope I left a dent.  Fucker.

You can count me extras towards yours...WRFW (Will Run For Whiskey).

I always felt running while stuffed up helped clear everything out and then I'd feel better for a few hours.  Double and you get the benefit twice a day.

Excellent.  More pressure on you then...and I'll make sure there is some good whisky around.

Normally I do feel better after running when I have a cold, I'm just waiting for it to get back to that stage again (running felt good last week despite the snot).  Getting double the unstuffing is obviously a good thing.

Sorry you almost got taken out due to a dastardly ploy by rabutler. 

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Big +1 as to head congestion.  I never got it to work for chest congestion, though -- "bottomless cup", as it were.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Big +1 as to head congestion.  I never got it to work for chest congestion, though -- "bottomless cup", as it were.

I think you're right.  Last week it was a head cold.  This week  my chest fills as the run goes on (not in a jiggly way) and breathing starts to suck that extra bit more. However the time taken to fill it is increasing, so things are obviously improving. 30 minutes on Monday, 60 minutes yesterday, 75 today.   

Feeling the growl again

Yes.  Agreed.

Total sidebar story but related.  By the spring of 2004 the team I ran with...which started out as a marathon relay team for all abilities and expanded from there...managed to qualify a team for the Distance Medley Relay (an exhibition event for clubs) at the USATF Indoor National Championship event.  As often happens when you're dealing with a bunch of amateurs, their 800m guy could not travel to Boston from Michigan for Nationals.  Even though I was marathon training I got tapped to fill in for him.  I had 3 weeks to train, got some of my speed back, and figured I should be able to pull out a 2:04 on the banked track.

The night before we were to leave I could feel a cold coming on.  By the time we were driving out there it was one of the more disgusting experiences I've ever had.  I've never seen so much snot come out of one head.  I used an entire box of kleenex before we got past Ohio, and I'm not talked little wipes with each one either.  I could not breathe at all.  So much snot I was fighing dehydration, no kidding.

I was pretty much a mess by race time, still filling kleenex to their carrying limit as they staged us up for the race.  It did not help that my grandfather had had what ended up being a fatal heart attack while we were driving out there.  I ran a 60-flat, my fastest 400m ever, off adrenaline and anaerobics, then bombed to run a 2:12.

Miraculously, soon after that huge effort my sinuses were clear completely.

C-R

Ok Hoppity. How do you manage to pass that damn malady to my two boys and DW through the internet and across major oceans?

Well illness and shitty business trips be damned. We have running to do.

As of right now its Spaniel with 130.7 and us with 126.6. We'll take a page from Thunder's book and do some sittin and kickin.

Oh and kmark is laying the lumber to L Train at the moment. Yikes.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

Week 1 results are updated at the top of the thread. Most people are beating their goals or on the bubble. Good job folks. The separation in all competitive match ups is single digit, too close to call. I finally pulled a tiny lead on C-R and rebutter but it took a huge week to do it. The bruised boxer analogy is looking more appropriate every day.

C-R

I get that. Last night's run was not easy.

but that won't stop me.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

WTF rabutler.  I know you guys are falling behind, but it's a bit unsportsmanlike to pay the local USPS driver to try and take me out.  Shit that was close.  I hope I left a dent.  Fucker.

Hey, there's beer involved. Keep an eye out for the Fedex guy tonight.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.