3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Tornadoes (Read 413 times)

C-R

DAMN.

The death toll has left me speechless.

Tony - sorry to see that. Hope family and friends are ok. I drove home through the path between Birmingham and Georgia. Its as bad as anything I saw in Kuwait and Iraq. Breaks ones heart. The death toll would have been much much higher without the new early warning systems. Saved lots of lives.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Tony - sorry to see that. Hope family and friends are ok. I drove home through the path between Birmingham and Georgia. Its as bad as anything I saw in Kuwait and Iraq. Breaks ones heart. The death toll would have been much much higher without the new early warning systems. Saved lots of lives.

Thanks Norm, fortunately my family was ok.  Hopefully yours is also.  I agree about the warning system, but when you see what a tornado like this does to even a well built brick house, there's really nowhere to hide if you don't have a storm shelter.   It's good that storms this strong are rare.