3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Who had a good workout this week? (Read 2359 times)

Feeling the growl again

This workout sounds stupid - I used to try this workout - It made me fail doing the Jack Daniels program (In 2006).  I guess I was going them @ LAT pace and you are trying them at your hopeful marathon pace - But is still brings back unpleasant memories. 

It's the type of marathon-specific strength workout I do....when I don't plan on doing another workout for at least 4 days.  Last time I did it I was probably in 2:26-2:28 shape and ran them at 5:30 pace I think, 6-low on the recoveries IIRC.  It was a tough workout but WAY easier than when I did 15 miles @ 5:25 pace (goal MP at the time).

THAT was a stupid workout, one I will never do again.  It's great at bringing out latent hamstring injuries though.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

I like how you call this a "moderate workout."

Heh.  No, the moderate workout was tonight.  Though I did it on my "track", which is currently very uneven and needs mowing again, so it was a bit tougher than intended even run by effort.  It takes a couple days to get over the conference hangover.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

A Saucy Wench

Does it have to be a running workout?  I've been PR'ing in the weight room all week. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

And I think I had some sort of a lawn mowing PR today, have been putting this chore off for a couple of days because of kid's allergies and the darned grass was about a foot long, back is sore pushing the darned mower around (and it's self propelled). Was wishing for a goat or two to help themselves.

A Saucy Wench

And I think I had some sort of a lawn mowing PR today, have been putting this chore off for a couple of days because of kid's allergies and the darned grass was about a foot long, back is sore pushing the darned mower around (and it's self propelled). Was wishing for a goat or two to help themselves.

There is a company in portland that rents goats for that purpose.  Although it's mostly because goats are better at taking down blackberry brambles than any equipment outthere.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Alright, I had an awesome laundry workout.  My washer splits were pretty dead-on and really consistent.  But I didn't log it, so I guess it doesn't count ...

And because of some weekend travel, I'm juggling the schedule a bit.  Today's going to be a good workout day, after I get done with the second run.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

Does it have to be a running workout?  I've been PR'ing in the weight room all week. 

That was actually a thread I was going to start as I began lifting again...until my wrist got busticated, that is.  Now it has to wait until after my marathon.  Nothing worse than running a marathon with sore boobs.

Feeling the growl again

There is a company in portland that rents goats for that purpose.  

The frat down from where I lived for 2 years in college rented a goat every fall.  Somehow I think it had less to do with lawn maintenance and more to do with pledges though.

FDR thought sheep were good enough to substitute for lawnmowers at the White House....hmmm...wonder if I'd spend less time on maintaining sheep than mowing my lawn....

A Saucy Wench

That was actually a thread I was going to start as I began lifting again...until my wrist got busticated, that is.  Now it has to wait until after my marathon.  Nothing worse than running a marathon with sore boobs.

sigh.so much I want to say. 

But I like how weight lifting is the same as laundry and lawn mowing.   I'm gonna start logging vacuuming. Oh.  Wait.  That would mean publicly admitting how seldom I vacuum. 

an amazing likeness

(...ok, nevermind...a goat tale, not running related...pulled it like a weak hamstring...)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Feeling the growl again

(...ok, nevermind...a goat tale, not running related...pulled it like a weak hamstring...)

Dude, you need to stick to your guns....you tell a goat story and not follow through it looks really, really bad....like you pledged a frat or something.... Wink

And because of some weekend travel, I'm juggling the schedule a bit.  Today's going to be a good workout day, after I get done with the second run.

Just wrapped up a 12.6-mile evening run.  Which gives me 17 for the day, my biggest since ... Twin Cities in Oct 2010.  And it puts me over 500mi for the YTD, which ain't bad considering the time lost to pneumonia in January.  Go me.  (I feel kinda weird bragging about it, but this is the thread for it.  And no goats were harmed -- or anything else! -- during the writing of this post.)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Feeling the growl again

Just wrapped up a 12.6-mile evening run.  Which gives me 17 for the day, my biggest since ... Twin Cities in Oct 2010.  And it puts me over 500mi for the YTD, which ain't bad considering the time lost to pneumonia in January.  Go me.  (I feel kinda weird bragging about it, but this is the thread for it.  And no goats were harmed -- or anything else! -- during the writing of this post.)

Go you!  Biggest day in a year and a half deserves some props...

Feeling the growl again

It must have been ugly, no update yet.

Eh.  The workout was going fine...right up until the hypoglycemia 13 miles in.  WTF, who runs out of fuel at 13 miles?  Apparently, this guy.  

If training predicts performance, I'm going to run either 2:33 or 2:55.  Nothing in between.

I ran just over 50 miles over the Easter 4 day weekend.  Thats a long long way for me...