3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

November race Thread (Read 25 times)

C-R

Here we go. Only two months left to hit those racing goals. Get off your ass and go get 'em

Name Date Race Distance Goal Result Comments
    CR 11/7 Indy Monumental HM 13.1 <1:40  1:41:13  
    CR 11/7 Seymore Classic XC 4k <17  16:57  
    CR 11/14 USAFT IN XC Championships 4k 5k <16:38 which is what I ran the course previously  21:12  that extra k was fun
    Parklife 11/15   Rebels XC Challenge  6k Top half of the finishers. #3 for my team. <20:30   20:51 spikes??? 
    kencamet 11/15 rebels XC Challenge 6k beat a couple of nemisis'  DNS  drive rain mud
    CliveF 11/22 Monkey Marathon 26.2 Finish which implies survival 5:45 and survival
    Happyfeet 11/22 Monkey 26.2 4:40 < Happyfeet < 5:00  5:07 monkey attacks on watch
    kencamet 11/22 USATF PA XC Championships 10k Continue beating the nemisis'  41:43  
    CR 11/28 Footlocker Midwest XC Champ 5k less than last one on no training <21:12  21:11  mud, water, hills oh my

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

C-R

Let me start with the stupidity.

Nov 7 Monumental HM Indy <1:40 - I wanted to race the full but alas not a good training segment in the past 5 weeks.

Nov 7 Seymore Classic XC Seymore IN 4k <17:00

Yeah they are both the same day. WTH its the Hurtlocker right and I need to man up on my running.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

C-R, are you running Monkey?

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

C-R, are you running Monkey?

Unlikely as I am returning from Germany that Saturday at 9pm.

Sucks for me as I enjoy the people and atmosphere.

11/15

Rebels XC Challenge

Goal: Top half of the finishers. #3 for my team. Time: 20:30

Ahh.. Sunday.. thank you Ken!

And we run because we like it
            Through the broad bright land

CliveF

11/22

Flying Monkey (Nashville TN)

26.2mi

A-goal = finish; B-goal = survive

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

kcam

Adjust yer schedule, Ben.  The race is on Sunday!

11/15

Rebels XC Challenge

6km

Goal:  compete well enough to pull in a couple guys that have been just out of my reach the past couple races.  In the past this has been a very good course for me and the way I run but they've went and changed it, dagnabit.  Used to be a 7K, now a 6K.  

11/22

USATF PA XC Championships

10km

Goal:  see above.

CR, way to get after it!  Hurtlocker-style!

C-R

Let me start with the stupidity.

Nov 7 Monumental HM Indy <1:40 - I wanted to race the full but alas not a good training segment in the past 5 weeks.

Nov 7 Seymore Classic XC Seymore IN 4k <17:00

Yeah they are both the same day. WTH its the Hurtlocker right and I need to man up on my running.

1:43:13. Not feeling well

16;57 decent rebound with a 2AG

Feeling the growl again

A-goal = finish; B-goal = survive

It has been awhile since someone posted something as exquisitely Hurtlocker-worthy as goals prioritized in this manner.

Sucky that again I will not be there this year.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

HappyFeet

11/22 - Monkey

26.2 (ish),

A-goal = Same time as last year (4:41) on lot less mileage this year;

B-goal = Not see a 5 in the hour column.

The only reason I signed up for this race is it forced me out the door many a days, when I'd have done nothing.  Hopefully can continue running 35-45 miles next year and get in some decent shape.

Ohh... you don't need spikes he says...

I slipped and skidded my way to 20:51... 5th on the team... 22 out of 37.

kcam

Haha!  DNS for me.  Couldn't face a 5:40AM wake-up call, followed by 2 1/2 hour one way drive in the rain, then racing on a  cold, muddy course.  Shouldn't even be showing my face here.  Not hurtlocker-worthy.

Ken, I wouldnt have done it if it wasn't in town. Saturday was so beautiful... Sunday was a cold mess. I hope you can make it for PA Champs.

Oh.. and once those XC shoes go on super sale.. I'm buying some. More or less just to have the option.

kcam

Did you run in racing flats?  Most of the time they'd be fine but in Sunday's conditions, no way.   I've only used spike-less XC shoes which have been good enough for me even in muddy conditions.  Maybe spiked shoes would be better but I'm happy with what I've got for the few times I use them.  I will be at the PA champs and I'm counting on that course being muddy.  It'll be worse for the Open guys as the Women's race and Master's Mens race run first plus add in all the warmup loops people will be running and it will be pretty chewed up by the time you guys run.

I had ice skates.. but I thought the flats would give more traction. I was wrong.

One tip that seemed to work was to run through the puddles. I did that.. but and slope (uphill, downhill, sideways) was a disaster.

Plus, im sure it didn't help that I was one of the last people on the course that day.

Some of my teammates didn't have trouble and they were in flats.. I would guess it was mostly just the way a run that would contribute to slipping more?