3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

April Racing Thread (Read 1407 times)

Gotcha. That's how it should be.

Hawt and sexy

My race is tomorrow. It should be interesting. I am hitting the road today to get there tonight. I was sick for the first time in years recently, and my hip has decided that it hates life, so this should be interesting. I don't think I will PR, but I should have a good time. Ugh.

I'm touching your pants.

I DNS, but met up with a friend for a run, course turned out to be hilly.  Dropped him off and did a few extra loops of the hilly course. I am on my way back. I feel it.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I think that was a smart move Nads. You don't need to set yourself back more.

It's cold, it's rainy, the trails on the 10k tomorrow are going to suck!  Still sticking with the goal time, so we'll see how it goes.

Thanks, CS.

My race is tomorrow. It should be interesting. I am hitting the road today to get there tonight. I was sick for the first time in years recently, and my hip has decided that it hates life, so this should be interesting. I don't think I will PR, but I should have a good time. Ugh.

Caught in action! A friend of mine was there taking photos. Looking good Willa! Hope it went well.

~Sara
                It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

2 OA - 36:04.  It was mid-30's with a strong wind from the West.  1st was 33:50-ish.  Trails in the forest preserve weren't too bad.  Wet but not bad at all.

Splits: 5:34, 5:58, 5:26, 6:33, 12:32 (2.2).  Splits didn't seem right.  Was in no-man's land after Mile 1.  Legs don't feel like I raced today.  Lower legs are feeling fine.  Got new shoes yesterday ($50 bucks after Groupon coupon and special with the shoe store on paying no taxes).

Jay Cutler (Chi Bears QB) ran the kids 1-mile fun run and was signing autographs for all kids that did the 1 mile and 5k.  Ist place in the mile, 5k (M/W) and 10K (M/W) all received a signed football from him.  Too bad the fast guy had to show up.

Prince of Fatness

+1.  Good move thinking big picture.

Not at it at all. 

2 OA - 36:04.  It was mid-30's with a strong wind from the West.  1st was 33:50-ish.  Trails in the forest preserve weren't too bad.  Wet but not bad at all.

Splits: 5:34, 5:58, 5:26, 6:33, 12:32 (2.2).  Splits didn't seem right.  Was in no-man's land after Mile 1.  Legs don't feel like I raced today.  Lower legs are feeling fine.  Got new shoes yesterday ($50 bucks after Groupon coupon and special with the shoe store on paying no taxes).

Jay Cutler (Chi Bears QB) ran the kids 1-mile fun run and was signing autographs for all kids that did the 1 mile and 5k.  Ist place in the mile, 5k (M/W) and 10K (M/W) all received a signed football from him.  Too bad the fast guy had to show up.

Awesome work!!

This is great, Mike.  Good work!

Awesome work!!

Thanks.  Another RA-er ran it and logged the course as being 6.54 miles.  I went back and mapped it out twice and got 6.45 and 6.47 miles each time.  Cool!  Except for mile 1, all the other markers were way off.  So, I feel better with a 36 min effort for what I guess I can call ~6.45 mi.

Having the first place guy show up is like having Spaniel show up.  His 10k PR is 30:39 and he just ran a 2:22 marathon at the Twin Cities last October.  So when we ran a 33:50 something, that just didn't make sense.

Was it all a dream?

Seems to me it would be more appropriate to give a signed football from Jay Cutler out to the last place finisher Wink

Nice race btw!

Having the first place guy show up is like having Spaniel show up.  His 10k PR is 30:39 and he just ran a 2:22 marathon at the Twin Cities last October.  So when we ran a 33:50 something, that just didn't make sense.

Maybe he' s not in shape, or has mono Wink

DoppleBock

Sorry for Boston - What happened? 

Here we demand real performances or hurt yourself trying...but give real rewards.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !