3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

March 2015 Racing Thread (Read 23 times)

spaniel and Whodat - nice racing on the trails, gotta love getting a little muddy and both of ya bringing home some hardware.

Kelly - my only advice is to do whatever it takes to get your hamstring back in order.  Don't rush.

I ran 20:17 chip time this morning (5K road).  Way, way better than what I should have run, on paper.  That is a really good result for me at this point.  I ran the first mile in 6:15 and it felt easy.  I kept looking at my watch and thinking' no way, I should slow down' ... but it felt so easy!  Then I started thinking "I'm BACK!"  Uhhh, no.  Miles 2 and 3 really showed who the boss was, and it wasn't me.  Slowed to a 6:31 Mile 2 and 6:30 Mile 3.   This was a almost completely flat course with just a few whoop-de-doos on the bike path.  I'm so glad I got out there and raced.  Onward and upward.

That's barely slowing at all!  I would call that ..."pretty good" pacing. I can't tell you how many ~17:30 to 16:40ish 5k's I've run with a first mile under 5 minutes. ... Technically, I could say that it is 48.

17:37, 1OA

miserable conditions- snowing hard, 27 degrees and 15 mph winds (yay spring!).
      Stole the race from a 17 yr old high schooler in the last 100 meters- he led the whole race 10 steps ahead of me until then. Out leaned him (same finish time). Don't feel an ounce of remorse. The kid will win other races and my family got to see me win.

Great job on the win!  That's racing at its finest and you got to show the family the W.

Great job on the win!  That's racing at its finest and you got to show the family the W.

Thanks. Here's a shot of the finish (from the local paper). Shows the conditions, how close the finish was, and the kid's WFT hands gesture...

sh5k

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

ironically (coincidentally?) i think the race logo in the banner predicted the moment...

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Good going Kevin!

steph  

Great win Kevin - I love the finish photo, the banner image versus you guys is pretty eerie!

Managed 26:30 yesterday for my relay leg - a little slower than I would have hoped but I had a 5 second stop in the middle to make sure I was going the right way and is was windy as hell yesterday so I can't really complain.

kcam

Great photo Ntown!  It even looks like a kid behind the winner in the banner image!  Take this from someone who's never won a race but that picture would be framed in my home office if it were me ... rough conditions, breaking the tape - nice.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

That is an awesome pic. Nice job Kevin!

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Thanks guys. It was definitely a cool feeling.

kyle

Even better image from that day - Ntown Kyle kicking in the last 100m of his half mile race. Showing the same tongue out thing I do when I'm working hard...

Best of all.. you didn't trip over the tape.

Both photos.. pretty darn good.

And we run because we like it
                        Through the broad bright land