3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

My T6s (Read 542 times)

Feeling the growl again

Damnit Willamona.   These fuckers ripped my heel open.  They are NOT going to Boston.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Hawt and sexy

That's ok. My hip is finally telling me to go on to new shoes.So yays! I get to pick a different pair today!

Um, there is a way to tie shoes to get rid of heel rub. I don't remember the shoelace database site. We should really get our old links into a single sticky thread someday.

All I got for lightweight stuff left is my NB 101s and my Vibrams. Another pair of T6s is coming with me to Gansett along with the 101s in case of shit weather.

I'm touching your pants.

C-R

I use Lydiards lacing. Really works for me. That's all I got. Other than that was one huge blister for Spaniel. Looked like a damn silver dollar in size. Ran a 1:15 with that. A true HTFU moment.

Carry on.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I have a pic of the Lydiard method but I have no clue how to post pictures on here.  I know that won't help you much without seeing it.  If anyone knows how to, please share and I'll get that up.

Hawt and sexy

1) Save pic to website.

2) Copy pic location.

3) Reply to thread. The icon with a tree in it will allow you to post a pic. Click on the icon. It will ask for the image url. Paste pic location there.

4) Post

I'm touching your pants.

Feeling the growl again

Weird thing is I have never gotten a blister in that spot....from any shoes....ever...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

LydiardLacing

enjoy

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Thanks CR....that pretty much covers what I had.  You get a bonus with this version as it has a fancy little PPT show that takes you through the steps.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Last month I laced my new shoes with that Lydiard lacing, because the laces are too short to lace the default way and tie the way I like ("Ian's secure knot", I think).  I think I like it; I may lace other shoes that way.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/locklacing.htm

this is how I lace mine to stop my heel from feeling too loose / slipping (but more importantly is a link to the every method you can think of lacing site which I assume is the one willamona meant)

Hawt and sexy

So, now I have a pair of red T6s or a sparkly new pair of T7s to pick from for Gansett. I guess I have to decide which goes better with the FKN PINK. Of course, the answer is the NB 101s. Ugh.

I'm touching your pants.

Feeling the growl again

Dammit Amanda.  I'm shit-canning these fuckers.  I thought I would give them another chance on a tempo run, I only did 6 miles and I have another big blister on the same spot.  I almost took them off to jog the last couple miles but the pavement was damn hot.  I can't feel any difference between the heels in the two shoes but they sure fit differently....I seem to feel some sort of bump where the blister forms that I can feel wearing them but not with my hand.

Hawt and sexy

Are you sure it's not just a defect? Email Brooks and see if you can get a free pair of shoes out of the deal And I do wear socks when I run. I was never speedy like you.

I'm touching your pants.

Feeling the growl again

Are you sure it's not just a defect? Email Brooks and see if you can get a free pair of shoes out of the deal And I do wear socks when I run. I was never speedy like you.

That's a good idea....maybe I'll see if there's an email address I can send a comment to.

And I was wearing socks....my feet would be hamburger without them and my shoes too stinky to be allowed in the house.