3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

October Racing Thread (Read 1318 times)

Hey rocken. What about that 30K? Wanna?

linky???

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Hawt and sexy

I'm touching your pants.

DoppleBock

Dopplebock - 10/9 Glacial 50K Greenbush WI -

I am just looking to run with an old friend and enjoy the day on some premium trails hoping for good fall colors on the trees and not the ground - This is a fairly technical trail and I really prefer not having the leaves covering up the rocks and roots.

Goal - Don;t really care but - Say 5 hours flat.  The field is actually pretty loaded - Cassie Scallon & Christine Crawford - Both will chick me by a lot.  Joel Lammers is 2-0 against me and will become 3-0 against me. 

The last think I want to do is to give a good effort - I would like to keep it under 75% effort.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

October 29 - Beach to Battleship Ironman Distance Triathlon - first goal...to finish, Time goal - TBD.  This is a big deal to me.  Just typing it out makes me nervous.

October 29 - Beach to Battleship Ironman Distance Triathlon - first goal...to finish, Time goal - TBD.  This is a big deal to me.  Just typing it out makes me nervous.

This is cool Cool

DoppleBock

Nice! 

10/2

Maine Marathon

Portland, ME

2:35 and/or podium

10/16

Baystate Marathon

Lowell, MA

2:35

Sometimes life gets in the way...

DoppleBock

Ha, ha

The shirt from DWD 50k (Where I broke my arm) has been worn for both my DNF Leadville and crappy NC24 hour race - It has a picture of satan on the front ... Some would think it is a jinxed shirt - from a DNF and worn for a DNF and a Crappy race ... Although I believe in God and satan, I do not believe in luck - So I will wear this shirt for Glacial 50k.

Dopplebock - 10/9 -- Glacial 50K Greenbush WI  -- sub-5, good time, no stiches/casts

Ostrich runner

10/22 Knobstone Mini goal: I'd like to break two hours, but it is hard to call that a goal unless I'm somehow able to get 3 slammin weeks in before that. Ran a 2:05 last year in what felt like a very hard run. I did make some mistakes though. I have tried this race starting too slow and too fast. Starting at the right pace for me I risk getting caught behind too many people in the single track. When I go out fast enough to stay in front of that, I'm too close to redline when I hit the bigger hills. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Ostrich runner

Ha, ha

The shirt from DWD 50k (Where I broke my arm) has been worn for both my DNF Leadville and crappy NC24 hour race - It has a picture of satan on the front ... Some would think it is a jinxed shirt - from a DNF and worn for a DNF and a Crappy race ... Although I believe in God and satan, I do not believe in luck - So I will wear this shirt for Glacial 50k.

I love the DWD shirts from last year. I'm pretty sure they are the same--I have the Gnaw Bone one...which was a DNF.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

DoppleBock

I like the way it feels -

10/2 - Milwaukee Marathon --  Goal TBD

I need to see how the next three weeks go before I throw some crap numbers out there for a goal.

Goal: <2:45

I'm going to hit my main goal before the race even starts and that's making it to the start line healthy.  Some missed days over the pass few weeks but I'm feeling pretty good where I'm at with what I was able to put in for training.  I would have liked to do more but with a damn hot summer, balancing training schedules with the DW, being there for the peeps and taking on more responsibility at work this summer, this was about all this hobby jogger could take.

Weather at this point is looking to be decent....no rain, mid-40's in the morning and projected highs in the low to mid-60's.  Perfect running weather!

Feeling the growl again

Goal: <2:45

I'm going to hit my main goal before the race even starts and that's making it to the start line healthy.  Some missed days over the pass few weeks but I'm feeling pretty good where I'm at with what I was able to put in for training.  I would have liked to do more but with a damn hot summer, balancing training schedules with the DW, being there for the peeps and taking on more responsibility at work this summer, this was about all this hobby jogger could take.

Weather at this point is looking to be decent....no rain, mid-40's in the morning and projected highs in the low to mid-60's.  Perfect running weather!

I think you will better that.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I think you will better that.

I'd be open to thoughts on what more experienced runners feel would be appropriate.  Call it inexperience for this distance, but I have not run it well.  PR is 3:04 (1997) and my last two have been 3:40-ish.  Both the 3:40's were melt-downs in the making.  1st was the hot one at Chicago and the 2nd was last year following the achilles issue.  I'm stuck on what might be realistic race day.

Feeling the growl again

Call it inexperience for this distance, but I have not run it well. 

Well, if the weather is good, I don't see a problem with 2:40 but you know yourself best.  Some people don't run marathons well and need to be more conservative.  Better to go out slow and pick it up at 16 than blow up at 20.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Well, if the weather is good, I don't see a problem with 2:40 but you know yourself best.  Some people don't run marathons well and need to be more conservative.  Better to go out slow and pick it up at 16 than blow up at 20.

That's what I'm looking at doing.  The weather is looking to be good.  I don't run well in hotter weather as I just sweat to damn much.  I have a target pace in mind and I'm looking to go target MP minus 10 seconds for the first 10, then pick it up to MP pace for the next 10 and see what I can do holding on after that.  I have my fueling plan figured out and should be OK on liquids at the stations.