3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

October Racing Thread (Read 1318 times)

DoppleBock

Nice - I am looking forward to the results - I never run pre-conceived pace exactly -

But I have run real well when I run the 1st 10 in "Boy this is smooth, I bet I could run 5-10 seconds faster"

THe next 10 in "Try and stay relaxed and not strain - be smooth man" and

the next 4.2 in "Damn it!  Run as fast as you can while you keep form and do not strain" and

the final 1 mile in "Lets see if I can make myself puke"

That's what I'm looking at doing.  The weather is looking to be good.  I don't run well in hotter weather as I just sweat to damn much.  I have a target pace in mind and I'm looking to go target MP minus 10 seconds for the first 10, then pick it up to MP pace for the next 10 and see what I can do holding on after that.  I have my fueling plan figured out and should be OK on liquids at the stations.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

October 29 - Beach to Battleship Ironman Distance Triathlon - first goal...to finish, Time goal - TBD.  This is a big deal to me.  Just typing it out makes me nervous.

Put me down for < 12 hours.  I'm hoping for a 1:30 swim, a 5:45 bike split, and my slowest marathon was a 4:24, so if I can run something close to that after the swim and the bike, I'll be happy.  

Modified to change "run" to "bike"....after I accidentally quoted myself. 

Put me down for < 12 hours.  I'm hoping for a 1:30 swim, a 5:45 bike split, and my slowest marathon was a 4:24, so if I can run something close to that after the swim and the bike, I'll be happy.  

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Racing 26.2K this Sunday. Want to run 6:50 or 7:00 pace.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Racing 26.2K this Sunday. Want to run 6:50 or 7:00 pace.

Interesting race distance...good luck.  You've been busting out some good times, keep it rolling.

Weather at this point is looking to be decent....no rain, mid-40's in the morning and projected highs in the low to mid-60's.  Perfect running weather!

They keep changing the weather as the week progresses!  Now that we're only a couple days away, it's looking better and better for racing conditions.  Low of 39 Saturday night with a high of 64 on Sunday.  Clear and sunny with little to no wind.  Finally, it's not going to be a hot marathon.  This should be good.

Feeling the growl again

They keep changing the weather as the week progresses!  Now that we're only a couple days away, it's looking better and better for racing conditions.  Low of 39 Saturday night with a high of 64 on Sunday.  Clear and sunny with little to no wind.  Finally, it's not going to be a hot marathon.  This should be good.

Dang man, that looks perfect to me....best of luck!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

10/1 -- Wine at the Line 5 Mile Run -- <46:00, drink wine

My legs have been dead all week. Hopefully they'll be up for it tomorrow.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

10/1 -- Wine at the Line 5 Mile Run -- <46:00, drink wine

My legs have been dead all week. Hopefully they'll be up for it tomorrow.

Well son of a......

I suppose child services would frown on me leaving the girls in the van while I run and drink....

Have fun.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

October 8- 10k - goal: sub 35

i'm in terrible shape.  using this as more of a fitness indicator than anything else, as well as for a little fun. it seems that it's been forever since i last raced.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Well son of a......

I suppose child services would frown on me leaving the girls in the van while I run and drink....

Have fun.

It was pretty nice last year. My wife was supposed to go with me last year, but couldn't. The plan is for her to go this year if the children will cooperate.

What time does your wife get home? Race doesn't start till 4.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

Dude, I've only run two marathons, but both started with temps in the mid 60's with dewpoints to match.  Drenched in sweat within a half hour.  WTF?  I think that if you're training is any kind of solid these out of your control kind of things are half the battle.  Looks like you're winning that part, so now it's time for you to get after it.

Good luck!

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

What time does your wife get home? Race doesn't start till 4.

6pm.  I really need to attempt a 30-miler this weekend anyways, if I have any hope of completing the 50.

I think my stupid Achilles is healed now, and good things are coming my way.

CliveF -- 10/29 -- Fall Harvest 5k -- sub-21 and remember how to race

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

6pm.  I really need to attempt a 30-miler this weekend anyways, if I have any hope of completing the 50.

Ultra running is ultra stupid Smile