3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

October Racing Thread (Read 1318 times)

I'm a bit surprised by the cramping given how well you trained....but it happens.  Did you run it in flats by chance?

Sounds like you toughed it out and held pace pretty well for those kinds of issues.

I think I probably could have run a better time if I ran the first half a minute slower. As for the cramping, it happens, I'm just glad I didn't panic and let it get to me. I just kind of took it all in at the end. Could I gave run a bit faster? Probably. But you only run one first marathon and I wanted to enjoy it at the end. I have to say I'm pretty beat up. Probably won't be jogging again for a few days...

Goals for 2013: sub 18 5K; stay healthy

And I ran in my Asics Tarthers

Goals for 2013: sub 18 5K; stay healthy

C-R

Great weather, great course.  Need a lot of work, but I'll learn from my mistakes and look to make some improvememnts for next year.

That's a heck of a first marathon. I learn something new each time I run one so I bet there are several minutes out there for your taking. Enjoy the well earned rest.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Pequannock Half Marathon, Pequannock, NJ, 10/22 - sub-90.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Pequannock Half Marathon, Pequannock, NJ, 10/22 - sub-90.

1:30:11

Prince of Fatness

You're getting there.  Nice work there, Nads.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

spaniel -- 10/22 -- Des Plaines Trail 50-Mile -- 6:20:00

I dream of sub-6 and will go out at that pace....hell, I dream of sub-7 average but am forcing myself to try and not be too stupid on my first one given lack of decent conditioning...however given lack of experience and knowledge I must think that I will muck it up along the way somewhere.  So 6:20 it is.

Yup.  I mucked it up with a bum knee.  I gave it a good try though.

DNF at 37 miles, see 50-miler thread and eventually my log.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Congrats Nads! 11 seconds is just noise. Great job!

Ostrich runner

Got sent on an extra 5k loop and bonked really bad. I think I was close to my goal at 13.1, but probably slowed a couple minutes a mile from 13.1 to 16.2. 2:35ish in the end. Fun day, tough run.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Congrats Nads!!!  That is so close.  I agree with Tony - 11s is just noise.  

Sorry to hear about the knee Spaniel.  How is it feeling now?  No serious damage I hope.

Ignore me Spaniel - I've read the other thread now.

So close!  But a massive PR -- congrats!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Nice job Nads!  Almost 5 min PR!?  Considering how bad you were limping on your runs in March/April, you certainly have had a solid build-up and trained well over the last couple of months to get there.  Enjoy the accomplishment of running a 90-min half!

Nice job Nads!  Almost 5 min PR!?  Considering how bad you were limping on your runs in March/April, you certainly have had a solid build-up and trained well over the last couple of months to get there.  Enjoy the accomplishment of running a 90-min half!

Thanks everyone.

Yeah, that was a rough time.  I always screw things up somewhere between Dec and Feb.  Hoepfully, I'll play it a bit smarter this time around. Starting to feel the cycles of the running year.  Kind of cool. 

How you feeling Tony?  Ready to go?

Good luck, Clive!