3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

100 Push Up Challenge (Read 1574 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I wasn't calling you fat, FWIW Wink

Now I feel fat.

Of course that could be because I've gained 10 pounds in the last 6 weeks. Joking

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Have finished Week 1 and Week 2. Moving on to week 3.

Ouch. W2-D3-C3 Max= 28!

Really wanted to get over 25 on the max today since I couldn't push back up on 26 Wednesday. Woot. Progress.

Scared for week 3. I guess i'll do my test tomorrow so I can have a rest day before starting week 3. Is that how you guys are doing it?

Yes.  Thanks for the reminder.  I had forgotten that there was a testConfused  

Did it last night.  Didn't do very well any way.  Still in column 1.

steph  

C-R

on to week four but with a twist. I plan to start in Column 2 do that one and then do column 3 the next week before I try to move to week five. More push ups are better right?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

on to week four but with a twist. I plan to start in Column 2 do that one and then do column 3 the next week before I try to move to week five. More push ups are better right?

What happened with your max test?  I would have thought you were running WAY over what you needed for Column 3...Confused

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

What happened with your max test?  I would have thought you were running WAY over what you needed for Column 3...Confused

Max test was 60. I figured extra week of four would help.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Ostrich runner

I'm a week behind, but I'm going to go ahead and do week 1 again. Have some soreness that isn't going away, so I'm not going to push it.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Finished week 4, moving to 5.

Max test at end of week 4 was 85.

I did the week 4 day 3 workout, then did the max test, so the last set of the workout which says "max" (at least 40) wasn't really a max.. I did 40, then rested 5 min and did my max test.

Ostrich runner

Sounds like you should make this a 150 pushup challenge.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

So Tony you just did 160, then rested 5 min, and then 85 just for kicks, sounds like we have our winner of this challenge.

I barely finished my W4 - C3- D3 (Max 40), couldn't think I could do it when we started this, now have to do a max test before moving on.

I did my max test for week 3 today instead of yesterday.

I did 30!

That's pretty good I guess since I started with 16 two weeks ago.

Feeling the growl again

Finished week 4, moving to 5.

Max test at end of week 4 was 85.

I did the week 4 day 3 workout, then did the max test, so the last set of the workout which says "max" (at least 40) wasn't really a max.. I did 40, then rested 5 min and did my max test.

So you weakened yourself to keep yourself from doing 100 the first time out and making us all look bad?  Wink

Nice, very nice....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Feeling the growl again

Week 3 done.  On to Week 4.

W3D3C3 max was 37.  A week from now, I need to do 40 at the end of a harder set to move onto Week 5.  Given this and the distance I am from doing 100 consecutively, I'm betting there is a repeat of Week 4 or Week 5 in my future.  I'm doing to work dang hard to make sure it is Week 5. Wink

85 was tough.  The weird thing was... my legs were shaking on the last few reps.  You would think my arms would be, but they weren't. 

Sounds like you should make this a 150 pushup challenge.

It's not really clear on the program when to do the exhaustion test, so I figured instead of losing another day or two, I'd do it the same day. That may be how it is supposed to be done, but I'm not sure.

So Tony you just did 160, then rested 5 min, and then 85 just for kicks, sounds like we have our winner of this challenge.

I barely finished my W4 - C3- D3 (Max 40), couldn't think I could do it when we started this, now have to do a max test before moving on.

That's more than "pretty good".  I started at 70, so I'd need to be doing around 140 now to be on the same track you're on. 

I did my max test for week 3 today instead of yesterday.

I did 30!

That's pretty good I guess since I started with 16 two weeks ago.