3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

100 Push Up Challenge (Read 1574 times)

Feeling the growl again

After watching Cross fit games this weekend, looks like it's perfectly acceptable to plop on your belly as long as you finish the number prescribed.

I'm sticking with the conservative, Gunny-approved version.

MTA:  W5 C3 D2-3 make me nervous.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I got to start with more creative excuses then, not just I saw it on TV. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Oh alright. But, I'm switching to column 1 dammit.

W3-D1-C1 Max=16

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

I've been ignoring this long enough.  Haven't done any push-ups since the week of the half marathon.  So, yes, it's been about 2.5 weeks.

Did a max test last night and got 45.  I will be moving beyond Week 2 and will be starting with Week 3.

So I finally had my first fail with week 4- C3-D3

I'm just repeating week 4 this week.

Feeling the growl again

W5 C3 D2, max=37=FAIL.  Will go back to W5 C2 and do that, then give it another run.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Looks like everyone is progressing really well! Just think about where you were when you started if you get frustrated.

Something I've found that I need to do before the workouts is to stretch out a little. 

I take a broomstick and hold it across my shoulders with my arms straight out and twist back from side to side.  You can feel it stretching your pecs and shoulders.

Then I hold the broomstick with a wide grip, straight out in front of me (like you would hold a barbell bench pressing, only standing upright) and move it from side to side keeping it parallel with the floor.

Before I started doing this, I would feel the kind of tightness you feel before you tear something on some of my sets.

I was traveling part of the week, and needed to rest up a little for my triathlon this weekend, so I only did one day of week 6 last week.  I'm planning on finishing it this week.

C-R

W5-C2-D3 done with a max of 51. On to C3.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

W4-D2-C1

15,16,12,12  max-20

steph  

Repeated W5 C3 D2 as I head out for Lunch

Knocked out Gunny approved 45 max for the final set. 

Feeling the growl again

Repeated W5 C3 D2 as I head out for Lunch

Knocked out Gunny approved 45 max for the final set. 

Very nice.  That workout really kicked my butt.  I probably should have taken an extra day recovery in there but it was as good a time to fail and get in an extra columb before proceeding as any...

It probably didn't help when my two girls were both doing sets with me a la the earlier video posted...laughing and hard pushup workouts don't mix.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Looks like everyone is progressing really well! Just think about where you were when you started if you get frustrated.

I think I've improved maybe 25%, which makes me happy, but I have the impression a lot of people may have done substantially better.

Last night I forgot to look up the workout, so I just made it up. That was okay too - that way I ensured I didn't "fail". Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

C-R

I think I've improved maybe 25%, which makes me happy, but I have the impression a lot of people may have done substantially better.

Last night I forgot to look up the workout, so I just made it up. That was okay too - that way I ensured I didn't "fail". Smile

Started at 47 and moved to 70 in max so almost 50% improvement in five weeks. Still not 100 though.

W5-C3-D1 done with a max of 43. That was a tough workout. Arms are still feeling it. This week's max test will be interesting.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

This week's max test will be interesting.

Nice...but you've got two more workouts to make it through W5 and you only got 3 more on that D1 max than I did before failing on the next.

I bet you make it through D2 at least, I am interested how D3 goes for you.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Oops, forgot about this yesterday and today. And racing twice again this weekend, so I'm gonna let it slide again.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.