3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

100 Push Up Challenge (Read 1574 times)

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

3rd try at W3 C2 D1 on Tuesday - got to the max rep, but only managed 13. Still better than only getting 4 sets, but still... Tonight, tried again, only got to 3 in the max set.  Think I'm going to fall back to W3 Column 1, and see how that goes. 

For those of you working in column 1 or 2 right now, once you complete the week, are you moving on to the same column in the next week, or do you go to the next column in the same week?  I'm debating that with myself now, assuming I'll eventually be able to complete W3 C1.  Not sure if I will then go to W4 C1, or try again to complete W3 C2. 

Your thoughts?

Feeling the growl again

3rd try at W3 C2 D1 on Tuesday - got to the max rep, but only managed 13. Still better than only getting 4 sets, but still... Tonight, tried again, only got to 3 in the max set.  Think I'm going to fall back to W3 Column 1, and see how that goes. 

For those of you working in column 1 or 2 right now, once you complete the week, are you moving on to the same column in the next week, or do you go to the next column in the same week?  I'm debating that with myself now, assuming I'll eventually be able to complete W3 C1.  Not sure if I will then go to W4 C1, or try again to complete W3 C2. 

Your thoughts?

IMHO the weeks move to quickly to stay in the same column forever.  When moving forward in C2 gets tough I would recommend dropping back and doing C1 and then C2 in the same week, then move up a week and do that again.  It will take longer but it gives your body longer to build strength and hit the goals.  It's taking me a month to do W5 and W6.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

I agree with spaniel on moving around in the columns. I've progressed from C2 to C3 since week 4 and it has helped me. If I gacked a workout, I would drop back and redo to build more strength.

Today was W6-C3-D2. Maxed at 63. That was a tough workout.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

W6 C3 D2 max=71.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

Nice max!

Thanks.  I actually thought I might fail to get the minimum.  Then I got there...and just kept going for "one more"...

C-R

W6-C3 Done

max at the end of the set was 75. Taking my shot on Wed for the ring.

Feeling the growl again

W6-C3 Done

max at the end of the set was 75. Taking my shot on Wed for the ring.

Impressive!  Remember, 100 is the MINIMUM when you do the final test.  Wink

I am good for a beer if you can hit a legit 120.

C-R

Impressive!  Remember, 100 is the MINIMUM when you do the final test.  Wink

I am good for a beer if you can hit a legit 120.

120 might take a while longer but that's a good beer challenge.

I planned to video the attempt to make sure I am being true to the cause.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Great going both of you, Spaniel and C-R!

W1-D1-C1

17,19,15,15 max-22

Ugh.

steph  

Feeling the growl again

120 might take a while longer but that's a good beer challenge.

I planned to video the attempt to make sure I am being true to the cause.

Aw heck no.  I want to see you grunting for it this timeWink

Okay so I got really behind on this....I decided to test and see where I should re-start the program. I managed 35 push-ups so that means I get to start with week 3 column 3, which is nice, because that's the last week I passed before moving on to 4 and failing Wink

I'll start tomorrow with week 3 again.

C-R

Okay so I got really behind on this....I decided to test and see where I should re-start the program. I managed 35 push-ups so that means I get to start with week 3 column 3, which is nice, because that's the last week I passed before moving on to 4 and failing Wink

Didn't you start with something like 15 when we initiated this Gun Show? That's more than a 100% improvement as a starting point.

Yea, I did. Heh.

Well...it was 16, not 15. I guess I didn't lose anything. I've still been carrying my dog up and down the stairs (he can't do them until 8 wks post surgery) but otherwise haven't been doing any arm strength.

Finished W6 C2 D3, Max 60.

Looks like the key to the max set is set a minimum expectation above what I think I am capable, as I failed exactly at what I set out to do which was 60.  So if I set out to do 120 maybe I can finish 100  Will do the final test later this week.