3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

June Racing Thread (Read 1282 times)

Seanv2

Another 5k for me this evening. Its suppossed to be ninety degrees at the start, which should be fun. I'm hoping to shave a couple of second off the last 5k two weeks ago and come in at 21:40, but we'll see.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Feeling the growl again

WHAT?  Did I agree to this?  I'm still trying to find a gal pal to join me.  You boys scare me.  Anyone?  Anyone?

The 3X5K is a separate event 45min away the morning of the 16th and is entirely optional -- I hope to do it though.

C'mon, find a gal pal and come on down.  I'm sure my wife will entertain you anyways but she's not running right now and would never do the beer mile.

Be patient with me folks, I will get this updated later (I finished through Page 2).  As my log indicates this month is hell for me so time is tight.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Amores Perros -- 6/4 -- Sprint Tri -- 20min on 5K portion, put self in doghouse                                    

Ok, just saw this, that's funny Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

AP - looks like yet another nice weekend of racing for you.  Nice job on both.  What distance was the Torch Run suppose to be?  You had 5.28? 

I think they say 7 miles, but we race to the base of a bridge, and that's where they record the winners (both genders), then we wait til everyone gets there, then they close a lane and we run over the bridge to the end. Last year I had 5.21mi I think by watch, and this year I had 5.28, so I'll call it 5.25mi (maybe they don't put the midway stop at the exact same part of the bridge approach each time - who knows).  Also, I don't think it is quite 7 miles from start to final stop anyway. So... hey, it's a charity race, what do you want. And it's the only chance we have to go over that bridge on foot. Plus there is the fun of looking at all the people in cars all backed up, and being glad I'm not waiting in a car like they are.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Seanv2

Another 5k for me this evening. Its suppossed to be ninety degrees at the start, which should be fun. I'm hoping to shave a couple of second off the last 5k two weeks ago and come in at 21:40, but we'll see.

Already know this is going to be a DNS. Working for a living sucks.

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Feeling the growl again

Working for a living sucks.

+1.  As my wife told me this morning though, "beats the alternative".

Unless that alternative is winning the lottery or an inheritance from a long forgotten relative.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Seanv2

+1.  As my wife told me this morning though, "beats the alternative".

Unless that alternative is winning the lottery or an inheritance from a long forgotten relative.

Exactly. I was at work until almost nine last night and I think I might be in for a similar bout tonight. I really need to turn myself into a morning runner.

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Yes, counselor. Or bag the whole thing  I'm saving you the anguish.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Seanv2

Yes, counselor. Or bag the whole thing  I'm saving you the anguish.

I left a law firm and moved to an NGO because I thought life would be better. Guess not.

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

I left a law firm and moved to an NGO because I thought life would be better. Guess not.

Yeah, that may have been the case for in-house five years ago.  Not today. Disapprove

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Exactly. I was at work until almost nine last night and I think I might be in for a similar bout tonight. I really need to turn myself into a morning runner.

I'm trying to do that right now but its a very hard thing to do.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I look my best blurry!

Woot Woot!  5:38!  I think I like track racing, too!

That is fantastic.  Do you remember how you felt during each of the laps?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Feeling the growl again

HOLY SHIT.

If you drink like you run we're all in trouble next month....

Awesome!

Double holy shit!  Nice job and very impressive.