3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

June Racing Thread (Read 1282 times)

Feeling the growl again

2:55:45

1:28:00 / 1:27:45

The tailwind changed a sub 3 from unlikely to hard to screw up

Or you just ran a good tough race....

Nice.  Excellent splits.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

DoppleBock

I was very happy with my execution

Mile #1 - Usually I run what I think is MP and run too fast - I actually ran mile # 1 in 7:05 (6:59 gun) so I lost 20 seconds running relaxed.  after that I brought pace in line and just ran to the course - One of those days where I missed many splits, I was just working.

By mile # 10 I settled in with a pack of 4 - They were 3-5 seconds faster than I was and so I got to run uncomfortably hard (Perfect).  On 3 occassions they had gapped me by 20 - 40 feet and I had to HTFU and close the gap up quickly, because once they would have been gone, I would have slowed a bit.

We broke up @ mile 20 - 2 had went ahead and the 2 I was working with were happy to settle in behind someone who was running slower.

Last 3 miles I failed to take it to the highest pain plateau or I would have went out and attacked the 2 that were about 1/8-1/4 mile ahead.  Still I did not die, I just didn't take it to that dizzy, tunnel vision - max pain - S&M goodness level.

22 6:39

23 6:40

24 6:47

25 & 26 was a 13:29

.2 = 1:19

If I had been tougher it would have been

24 6:35

25 & 26 12:55

.2 = 1:10

So between mile #1 and being a little soft at the end - About 1 mile of potential left on the course.  My splits between 10k-13.1 were a little soft also (Pre picking up my wrecking crew) - So maybe another 30 seconds.

But if I can run a marathon and think I left 1-2 minutes total from perfection on the course - A good day indeed.

Or you just ran a good tough race....

Nice.  Excellent splits.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

DoppleBock

I am not sure why - But In shape or not - I just love the experience of trying to run all out at the marathon distance.

Definately my favorite race distance.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Awesome DB. Perfect execution. Yet another Sub 3. Sadly not a new number, but they are running out huh?

DoppleBock

Numbers I need

2:46

2:51-2:54

3:01

3:03-3:04

3:08

3:10

Numbers under 2:45 (Maybe not again?)

With the exception of 3:09 - Pacing the 3:10 group, I have never tried for a number - Just the shape I have been in that day.

But - year #8 out of 8 with a sub 3 - That was the goal

I am not sure why - But In shape or not - I just love the experience of trying to run all out at the marathon distance.

Definately my favorite race distance.

That's great.  But, anyway, take a moment to appreciate that 2:55 is really a tremendous performance, one many of us dream about. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

DoppleBock

Nads I am not disagreeing ... but a number is a number - 2:55 is a good number, but my joy comes more from running a race that is close to my current ability level - both from a strategery and a toughness point.

If someone else runs a 3:30 and has run a race close to their ability it is just as impressive.

But - year #8 out of 8 with a sub 3 - That was the goal

Nice job this weekend DB!  You can say all you want about the weather being on your side, bottom line is that you had an outstanding performance.  That should at least set you up in the right mind set to hammer out the summer months.  You should rename yourself Dopple Beast!

Nice work DB!!

~Sara
                    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Good work DB!!

I look my best blurry!

Nice job this weekend DB!  You can say all you want about the weather being on your side, bottom line is that you had an outstanding performance.  That should at least set you up in the right mind set to hammer out the summer months.  You should rename yourself Dopple Beast!

Give yourself some credit dude! Congrats!
                          Give yourself some credit dude! Congrats!

Thanks.  It was a non-goal race.  Just wanted to have fun with it...we succeeded.  Beer and a big turkey leg @ 10 am has never tasted so good!

BTW, Nice job on your PR.  19:14 is rockin it girl!

Didn't reach my goal but I PRd by 6 sec so I won't whine too much. 4th female Overall, 1st Masters 19:14 nice plaque and $50. Not too shabby.

Was your goal actually sub 19?

Wow! Lots of good racing going on up in the Hurtlocker.

Candice - aren't you just a little impressed with my surveillance of Manchester and the fact that I knew exactly when you would come off that exit...and running at a 10 min pace, I had to start at exactly the right time so I would see you guys?  LOL!   Seriously, it was really good to see you and Ben even if it was the most random thing ever, and wasn't but for a minute. You both looked really good (and happy).  Looks like marriage has done both of you well.  Congrats again to both of you for a great race!

Wannabe - 19:14 .... awesome! Must have been the hover shoes. Smile