3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

February Racing Thread (Read 1309 times)

Wohoo!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Oh and there's this...

Half at the Hamptons

Hampton Beach, N.H.

2/19

Sub 1:30

Fail. 1:30:13.2.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

I take it you and the pain got nice and intimate then.

Awesome run.

Wasn't as nearly as bad as I thought for some reason,  the first four miles I was questioning my sanity but after that I seemed to lock things into a nice and happy pace.

Mile splits:

6:09, 6:05, 6:07, 6:10, 6:07, 6:06, 5:58, 6:04, 6:05, 6:05, 6:06, 6:02, 5:53 and then 5:21 for the final .2

Definitely felt like I could have put another 4-5 in at the same clip and still been happy.    Legs were pretty fresh for this mornings 8 miler with the race + extra miles I did yesterday to get close to 18 in. 

Now to figure out a realistic time goal for that marathon in March....

Feeling the growl again

Definitely felt like I could have put another 4-5 in at the same clip and still been happy.    Legs were pretty fresh for this mornings 8 miler with the race + extra miles I did yesterday to get close to 18 in. 

Now to figure out a realistic time goal for that marathon in March....

2:45-8, after looking at your log.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Scratch.  I may pick up a local 10'er the following week, if I recover from whatever microbe has a choke-hold on my lungs.

As predicted:

CliveF -- 25FEB2012 -- Charlotte Ten-Miler (Charlotte NC) -- Goal = 75min (hey, I'm coming off pneumonia!)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

C-R

Great race amc - 1:19 puts you in great shape for that marathon

Greg - 13 seconds. That's not a fail, that a few bad tangents. Now you'll have a good case of the red ass for your next one and you can crush that 1:30.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Great race amc - 1:19 puts you in great shape for that marathon

Greg - 13 seconds. That's not a fail, that a few bad tangents. Now you'll have a good case of the red ass for your next one and you can crush that 1:30.

Thanks C-R. It was actually a cool race. L Train and I battled the last few miles and literally to the line. Dead even chip time, I edged him out by 2/10 of a second on gun time. The racing part was awesome. It was a fail on the sub 90 goal, but you're damn right about the next one.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

C-R

I bagged the 5k today. It was 26 with gusts running in the 20s. So I figured I would run a long run with the runners club. Haven't had a decent long run in a while and this one was good. Better use of my time. I can run 5ks galore in March to get ready for the goal race. Plus I spent some $ for the Carmel race and spending some $s on a goofy cold and windy 5k just irritates my German/Irish nature. Yeah I'm a cheapskate. Unless it concerns beer or running gear.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

CliveF -- 25FEB2012 -- Charlotte Ten-Miler (Charlotte NC) -- Goal = 75min (hey, I'm coming off pneumonia!)

1:12:01, which took 48/334OA and 1AG.

Could've been faster if not for a damn stitch!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

"Also, my next race is the Ice Cube Half Marathon on February 25.  Goal Sub 1:26:00    (Last month on the same course was 1:31:38, but there was snow/ice and it was very windy, and hopefully I'll just be in better shape)"

I was nowhere near my goal on this one.  I ran 1:31:24.  I did run 14 seconds faster than last month, finished 12th instead of 15th overall, and 2nd in my age group instead of 4th in my age group.  Course was very icy and I'm fat.  Those were the two main reasons I didn't make my goal.

Thank you for taking the time to read my signature!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Chip time - 1:48:32.  1st age group.  PR.   Beautiful weather but cold.  I'm a cold weather wuss.

steph  

Slo

CIRREM (Central Iowa Rock Road Enduro Metric). Conditions started off frozen but quickly turned to a peanut buttery mess.

100k Gravel Road Race, Feb 25th.

4:51,  40th place OA, 3rd place Single Speed Div. -no wrong turns-

Walked away with some very nice custom made award hardware, a $50 gift certificate, a $290 bike trainer, socks, hat, water bottle and...FREE BEER!

Not bad for a $25 entry fee.

Some nice racing guys!! Nice ending to this month!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Nice work, ya'll! 

Chip time - 1:48:32.  1st age group.  PR.   Beautiful weather but cold.  I'm a cold weather wuss.

That monster December really paid off for you.