3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

February Racing Thread (Read 1309 times)

C-R

HEY!!! You didn't post this when I changed mine WTF!!!! I want some damn cheese with my whine

you asked and we provide. Enjoy

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Modify to <16:40 please.  The weather/footing is going to suck and I feel like crap running right now.

As long as you're 1OA that's fine.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I'm leaving mine at <27:00 cuz I'm awesome.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

I'm leaving mine at <27:00 cuz I'm a sandbagger.

FIFY  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

dpschumacher

3 months til Masters

I'm not going to w(h)ine.  I'm just accepting that I likely won't run a 9:30 3k 3 weeks out from a marathon and in the midst of my second 80+ week.  I'll just lay down on the middle of the track and throw a tantrum after getting brutalized by my current and former teammates.  

2023 Goals

Marathon Sub 2:37 (CIM) 2:41:18

10k Sub 35:00 (Victory 10k 34:19)

5k Sub 16:00 (Hot Dash 5k in March (16:48), Brian Kraft in May (16:20), Twilight 5000 in July and August (16:20/16:25 Both heat index 102-103F)

Sub 1:16 Half Marathon  City of Lakes Half Marathon 1:15:47)

Sub 56:30 in 10 mile (Twin Cities 10 mile, Canceled due to weather, 56:35 as a workout)

2024 Goals

Sub 2:37 Marathon

Sub 1:15 Half

Sub 34 10k

Sub 16 5k

Feeling the growl again

Modify to <16:40 please.  The weather/footing is going to suck and I feel like crap running right now.

DNS.  Given the way the night went, running a windy subzero 5K that would tell me little and freezing my ass off did not seem worth the chips I was going to have to cash in to do this one.  I'll look for a replacement race and get in a good tempo later today.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

DNS.  Given the way the night went, running a windy subzero 5K that would tell me little and freezing my ass off did not seem worth the chips I was going to have to cash in to do this one.  I'll look for a replacement race and get in a good tempo later today.

DNS. I like Spaniel's reasoning but I slept through my alarm. Thankfully tomorrow's race is at 1 pm and it should be all the way up to 15 degrees by then.

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

DNS. I like Spaniel's reasoning but I slept through my alarm. Thankfully tomorrow's race is at 1 pm and it should be all the way up to 15 degrees by then.

Stay tuned.  A goal time may be forthcoming for that one.

BTW, I got a text from rabutler.  Sandbagger extraordinaire.  I think the dude gained so much fitness in December that he doesn't know what to do with it.

Well my partner's too sick for today's race and will be staying home. I should probably do the same thing considering the size of headache I had when I woke up and the fact that I had no problem sleeping until 9 am and the only reason I woke up was because she texted me, however like I said in an earlier post, I'm rarely smart when it comes to running/racing. If anything I'll get a good tempo in (I hope) *knock on wood*

Can't wait to hear how rabutler did!  Way to be smart Spaniel. Have a kick ass race tomorrow C-R.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

500 Festival Training Series 5K      Indianapolis, IN      2/11      sub-27:00

I am awesome.

24:45

And a sandbagger.

It was pretty damn cold, but the race started right outside of the NCAA Hall of Champions, so we were able to hang around inside until the start of the race. I only had to wait about 5 minutes in the cold for the race to start. I started off a little faster than I planned, but figured what the heck, might as well go for it. The were a couple of small elevation changes and a headwind that caused me to struggle some during mile 2. I was able to pull it back together for a strong mile 3. When I hit the mile 3 marker and saw I was just a few seconds over 24 minutes I knew I could easily finish in under 25. I emptied the gas tank for the last 160m.

Garmin splits:

mile 1    8:02.16

mile 2    8:11.50

mile 3    7:56.39

mile .1   0:38.46

4 min and 17 sec PR. I'm pretty pleased with that.

Feeling the growl again

When I hit the mile 3 marker and saw I was just a few seconds over 24 minutes I new I could easily finish in under 25. I emptied the gas tank for the last 160m.

Garmin splits:

Awesome.  That last turn before the bridge, on slickness, must have been a dicey affair too.

Pacing looks dang near perfect to me, given the layout of the course.

Enjoy the 4min PR, I'd like to see you do that again.  Wink  Looks like you're well on the way to making me right about where your 5K ends up this year...  ;D

I am awesome.

24:45

And a sandbagger.

It was pretty damn cold, but the race started right outside of the NCAA Hall of Champions, so we were able to hang around inside until the start of the race. I only had to wait about 5 minutes in the cold for the race to start. I started off a little faster than I planned, but figured what the heck, might as well go for it. The were a couple of small elevation changes and a headwind that caused me to struggle some during mile 2. I was able to pull it back together for a strong mile 3. When I hit the mile 3 marker and saw I was just a few seconds over 24 minutes I new I could easily finish in under 25. I emptied the gas tank for the last 160m.

Garmin splits:

That's a damn nice run ra!  Hell of a PR on the conditions you faced today.

C-R

Great race ra! Now for another PR tomorrow.

Slo

Nice Job RA !

NICE RA!!!! 

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson