3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Doldrums and Committment (Read 50 times)

DoppleBock

I have taken 7 days off since December 1st and only 2 of them have been bad days off.

2 - To downhill ski

2 - Day before a really long run

1 - I was feeling beat up

My goal is 7mi/day for the year.  The zeroes kill me.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

I have been adding a paltry mile per week.  Marginal gains...Main concern is lack of speed but I am working on that too.  Minute by minute.

DoppleBock, whoah.  That was a great mileage week.  I think your 101 mile in 24hrs is becoming doable.

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

DoppleBock

Thanks - It is becoming possible ... if I can keep the training level up the goal will become 200k

DoppleBock, whoah.  That was a great mileage week.  I think your 101 mile in 24hrs is becoming doable.

Feeling the growl again

Thanks - It is becoming possible ... if I can keep the training level up the goal will become 200k

Let me say - I'm just really glad to have you back here.  In some weird way this motivates me.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

C-R

Let me say - I'm just really glad to have you back here.  In some weird way this motivates me.

+1

I'm building to keep up with you uns.

#stillnobeer

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

DoppleBock

Happy to help - I will have to keep it up

I hope it is catchy and we all motivate each other ... I am doing good on the running front, but I need to start to do better on the other stuff.

DoppleBock

I had 3 beers last night - I do not feel like running today ... damn beer!

I might not - I took the afternoon off to hang with my youngest daughter who has the day off school -

Feeling the growl again

I had 3 beers last night - I do not feel like running today ... damn beer!

I might not - I took the afternoon off to hang with my youngest daughter who has the day off school -

I am on my second beer BECAUSE I did not run today.  Woke up getting sick, figured I'd try in the PM when I got it out of my system…ended up passed out on the couch.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I am on my second beer BECAUSE I did not run today.  Woke up getting sick, figured I'd try in the PM when I got it out of my system…ended up passed out on the couch.

Yeah, but you also classify a 12mi as an "Easy" run.

Hope it's tasty beer.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

C-R

I went to a shop to pick up a special bottle for Trent. Figures it was beer and wine tasting at the place. Skipped the wine and had a couple of small pours. Ended up leaving with 6 bombers. Didn't drink any. Placed in storage. No clue how I managed that.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

This is why we run.

And: THANKS!

I went to a shop to pick up a special bottle for Trent. Figures it was beer and wine tasting at the place. Skipped the wine and had a couple of small pours. Ended up leaving with 6 bombers. Didn't drink any. Placed in storage. No clue how I managed that.

Feeling the growl again

Yeah, but you also classify a 12mi as an "Easy" run.

Hope it's tasty beer.

Well yes.  This is the context in my situation.  I call 12 miles at 7:19 pace an "easy run".  2 years ago this would have been 6:42 pace.  Worse yet, when 6:42 was easy pace I was doing tempos at 5:30ish.  Now at 7:19 easy pace, 6:30ish starts to get into tempo range.  So not only have I gotten slower but I've totally lost my top end.  There is an extremely small difference right now between where my tempo ends run and where 800m repeats top out.

I just got a FB reminder that 2 years ago I was posting about 3X2mile at 5:30 pace with a mile easy in between.  I'm not sure I could run a 5:30 all out now.  But I'm still about 170lb vs 153.  I have stopped the gain but not made good losses.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Current Streak

70 days (396.6 mi)

12/6/2016 - Today
                            5.7 mi / day

DoppleBock

Nice

Curent run streak 1 day - 13 miles

Last 70 days = 701 miles with some days off

Current Streak

70 days (396.6 mi)

12/6/2016 - Today
                              5.7 mi / day

Feeling the growl again

Last 70 days = 701 miles with some days off

Wow, that's solid.  I'd love to average 10 a day again.

Been a rough week at work.  Three days off in the last 5, but when I run I run, 12 miles each.  Extended weekend starting with family travel, but in a way that should open extra time to run.  Hoping to make a 5 day running week look somewhat impressive.