3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

World Championships (Read 17 times)

Anyone out there paying attention to the races going on this week?  Still some goods races to come up this weekend!

How about Cain?  All the talk earlier this week was that you wouldn't see her in the final.  And low and behold, there she is, competing in the finals!

Feeling the growl again

I couldn't find it on TV to DVR, so I've stomached LR.com once per day for updates.  I did watch Cain and Simpson in the final online though.  What a race.  Too bad Cain finished so far back, but as I pointed out to my wife it was the FINAL at WORLDS and she..a HS girl..still ran faster than I could have on my best day ever.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Jesshh.. team usa failed the 5k.

I was surprised at Solomon and Simpson taking the lead in their races. Too bad for Solomon as he seemed to peak a few months ago. Simpson came up huge. I like rooting for our 800m guys. Cain, I was shocked to see her take it out so strong in the first 200m, then stay near the front through 800. Shes just not in Simpsons league.

And we run because we like it
        Through the broad bright land