3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Motivation (Read 41 times)

Feeling the growl again

I need and deserve a boot in the ass.

That is all.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

flarunner

Or maybe:

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Don't make me have to come over there and kick your ass.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

You're welcome.

3 days out of the hospital

erg data

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Unless your back is fixed, someone may need to hide all of your shoes or something.

Feeling the growl again

Disapprove   P'wned.

erg data

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

C-R

erg data

Nothing left to add to this. Except Eagle Creek Sunday 6:30am. Be there!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Feeling the growl again

Nothing left to add to this. Except Eagle Creek Sunday 6:30am. Be there!

I really wish I could, except that I will be in DC starting a 14-16 hour work day.

Prince of Fatness

The only person that can do that is you.  Sounds easy enough, but alas, it is not.

Not at it at all. 

You still doing the exercises recommended by the sports chiro?  If not, then you deserve that boot in the ass.  Had I known, I could have conviced the DW that we needed to exit I65 yesterday to drive over to some internet stranger's house and deliver the boot.  (BTW, the kids still talk about the fireman's pole.  I keep telling them that our house wasn't designed well to accommodate such a thing.  It's not working though.)

Feeling the growl again

You still doing the exercises recommended by the sports chiro?  If not, then you deserve that boot in the ass.  Had I known, I could have conviced the DW that we needed to exit I65 yesterday to drive over to some internet stranger's house and deliver the boot.  (BTW, the kids still talk about the fireman's pole.  I keep telling them that our house wasn't designed well to accommodate such a thing.  It's not working though.)

Well, maybe half a boot then.  I have been doing things but not quite as I should be.

Ha, glad to hear the pole is memorable.  I am sure in a few years it will become a primary mode of transportation in my house.  Next time plan us into the trip.  I always have a bomber or two of something special set aside for such occasions.

Feeling the growl again

The only person that can do that is you.  Sounds easy enough, but alas, it is not.

True enough.  I was very dedicated until the injury and I'm either fully off or on.  Once off it is hard to get the switch flipped back the other way.  I need to though or I will get unreasonably fat shortly.

Prince of Fatness

True enough.  I was very dedicated until the injury and I'm either fully off or on.  Once off it is hard to get the switch flipped back the other way.  I need to though or I will get unreasonably fat shortly.

It's amazing how much easier it is to turn the switch off than it is to turn it back on.

Not at it at all. 

kcam

Funny.  I did my long run yesterday with Roth Runner.  He's stateside for holiday and was in SF yesterday with a free morning.  I tell my wife I'm driving up to SF for my long one in the morning and she says "you're running by yourself?".   Then I had to tell her that I was driving up to run with an internet stranger!  I'm all "but, Kathy, it's Roth Runner!  I've known him for years .... really".  She just rolled her eyes but allowed me to go out and play.  Weather forecast was for rain, which can be miserable when you're in SF going over the GG bridge, but it turned out to be a great morning to run and excellent conditions for the run we did.  R R's a cool guy, he slowed himself enough that I could hang onto him onto all the hills we ran.