3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

October 2013 Racing Thread (Read 57 times)

C-R

You need to throw some mud on those or they will see you coming.

I am amending my race for the weekend - dropping to the half. Looking for sub 1:40. Main reason - I am driving up to watch the ND-USC game with my boys and want some extra time to goof around on campus. So there!

MTA: I woke up and it was 40 and raining. DNS. Ran on the treadmill and the when the weather for better ran 5 more with my boy. Seems like a better deal that a wet cold non goal HM with a bunch of strangers

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

xhristopher

My race of the month is the Baystate Half Marathon on the 20th. I'm not sure I've done the work for sub 1:23 but I'll try anyway.

Turns out I did do enough work. A 20+ second PR and 1:22:30 finish for me. I'm happy with that. The Baystate course is a fast one.

an amazing likeness

Turns out I did do enough work. A 20+ second PR and 1:22:30 finish for me. I'm happy with that. The Baystate course is a fast one.

Outstanding Chris!  That's really hauling the mail, wow!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Awesome run X!  Way to go with even splits (-3 sec) between thefirst and second half. Enjoy the rest of the day with the new PR!

Feeling the growl again

Now that's the way to do it!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

That is awesome. You killed it.

i gotta get back up there next year.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
              We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
              C-R

WTG X!

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Good going x!

steph  

xhristopher

i gotta get back up there next year.

Thanks folks.

Do come back, Kevin. You would absolutely crush this half.

Congrats. Your marathon PR looks like it's ready to get crushed, too.

Not my day today. Had something that felt like vertigo happen during my drive. Thankfully I only had 10 minutes (2 hour drive) left on my drive.  I made the mistake yesterday of being out in the cold watching softball from 10 until 3 yesterday and ate nothing but junk which despite how much I love it, my stomach doesn't so I paid for it today with a very upset stomach. And to add to everything else I took a wrong turn (they added a 5k) and added around .15 to the race. I finished in 1:50.36  so not too far off. I think racing is off the table for me until everything with my health gets figured out. I'm waiting on a very important test result (should be in sometime this week) I'll probably sign up for some 5k's with my 12 year old but my goals are going to have to wait.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Congratulations xhistopher!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

So, we'll both be going for <2:50 at Disney?  Big grin  Congrats X, well deserved!

Not my day today. Had something that felt like vertigo happen during my drive.  I finished in 1:50.36  so not too far off. I think racing is off the table for me until everything with my health gets figured out. 

You were only 3 minutes off your goal time, I'd say that is a success.  You've been through a hell of a lot and I am hoping that you have much ass kicking in your future.  Big grin

C-R

You were only 3 minutes off your goal time, I'd say that is a success.  You've been through a hell of a lot and I am hoping that you have much ass kicking in your future.  Big grin

THIS!