3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Pro running discussion (Read 108 times)

Did somebody say asshat three times?

And we run because we like it
    Through the broad bright land

Feeling the growl again

Did somebody say asshat three times?

What?  Asshat lied?  Shocked, I tell you, I'm shocked.... 

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Nate Jenkins seems to be blogging again - some seriously good stuff here.

5k alternations... genius.

Yes, I've read some of his blog posts. Definitely some good stuff

Feeling the growl again

Jenny Simpson takes down doper Regina Jacobs' 2-mile indoor record by 5 freaking seconds, basically running all alone.

Fewer things in running make me happier than seeing a doper record smote from the books.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

finally saw the 2-mile. Simpson v. Rowbury needs to happen. Rowbury could destroy the Wanamaker Mile.

The womens DMR was interesting. The look on Tully's face.. agony of defeat.

finally saw the 2-mile. Simpson v. Rowbury needs to happen. Rowbury could destroy the Wanamaker Mile.

The womens DMR was interesting. The look on Tully's face.. agony of defeat.

Where did you find the video of the 2-mile?  I've looked but have had any luck.  Happy to see Simpson get the AR.

Just reading the preview.. Interesting to see Willis calling out Rupp.

USATF isn't completely horrible. Here is the Simpson 2-mile.

This will be quite the mile race on Feb 14.

Using a drone at the RAK HM.. That certainly changes the game.

Feeling the growl again

FFS.  I recorded Millrose from 6-8pm and it cut it off less then half a mile through the men's wannamaker.  Dammit.  Looks like Centro had a hell of a race and Lagat is a beast of an old man.

FFS.  I recorded Millrose from 6-8pm and it cut it off less then half a mile through the men's wannamaker.  Dammit.  Looks like Centro had a hell of a race and Lagat is a beast of an old man.

Great race. I really liked Casey's effort, looked like just attach to Cetro and hang on for dear life. Didn't have the kick at the end, but still great effort.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                          We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Casey is an interesting guy. He seems to have a huge heart or at least a huge chip on this shoulder. He makes races much more interesting.

I found this interview with Christian Soratos. Only mention him b/c he grew up in Salinas and went to my old JC. He just ran 355 mile. Not bad for a college kid.