3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

Pro running discussion (Read 108 times)

Feeling the growl again

8:03 2-mile by Farah for his first WR.

I don't always run WRs, but when I do, I close in sub-4.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

8:03 2-mile by Farah for his first WR.

I don't always run WRs, but when I do, I close in sub-4.

There's been quite a few records going down lately. Putting Farah's effort into perspective, wow!

kcam

Wow.  First I'd heard of this race (been out of pocket for a week and a half).  Just when I thought Mo might be slipping he does this.  He'll go down as one of the all-time greats.

Yup - amazing from Mo.  He has very very impressive range.  I thought Andy Vernon had a point in their twitter bicker the other day - but I was wrong.

I hope Caleb Ndiku gets in good shape for the World Champs later this year.  Their rivalry in the next couple of years could be something else if they both stay fit....

I think Vernon does have a point to some extent. The top men / women do avoid each other. Im not sure you can fault Mo for last year. He does have a right to take it easy at some point.

There was this little HM in Florida. Ritz is back, winning in 63. Time is not that impressive but he is in marathon training mode. Next up is NYC Half and Meb on March 15.

Yup - amazing from Mo.  He has very very impressive range.  I thought Andy Vernon had a point in their twitter bicker the other day - but I was wrong.

I hope Caleb Ndiku gets in good shape for the World Champs later this year.  Their rivalry in the next couple of years could be something else if they both stay fit....

And we run because we like it
            Through the broad bright land

Feeling the growl again

So I'm starting a new job at my company.  Had a meeting today with a guy I'd only met with a couple times in the past.  Conversation went to dates of upcoming travel etc and I related the irony that I'm now going to be in Boston April 18-19, but have to travel to Philly April 20-22, only adding to the pain of having planned for Boston Marathon and not getting to run it.

Turns out the guy is golf buddies with Bob Kennedy.  Old pals.

Damn, now I need to learn to play golf....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Golf? Running is stupid.. but golf?

Damn, now I need to learn to play golf....

Now that its all over LRC.. Nate Jenkins was interviewed the other day. Mostly its a short version of what he has written on his blog.

Feeling the growl again

IK;R???  Typically when I'm swinging a gold club there is a possum involved.

Yes, golf courses are great for running. Isn't that why they keep them groomed so nicely?

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

IK;R???  Typically when I'm swinging a gold club there is a possum involved.

I guess I need to invest in a nice set of clubs.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Feeling the growl again

I guess I need to invest in a nice set of clubs.

There are few problems in life that can't be solved with a nine iron, a roll of duct tape, and a case of beer.

MTA:  When teenage daughters are involved I add a shovel to that list.  Six feet of digging with a nine iron is kind of hard.

Maksim Korolev Q&A..

TSD: What do you think differentiates you from your contemporaries?

MK: I guess I just have more talent. I’m not sure. I would like to say that I work harder, but everyone works just as hard, I think. I think I just lucked out. I just have a bigger engine, I guess, and a better ability to work that engine. I can do a lot of training, and I don’t usually get hurt.

Im not sure how Lauren Wallace. won that one. She's not even in frame as they go around the last turn.

Looks like she ran the shortest/smartest race.  Lucky break that the inside lane was open to her?

lagwagon

Nice article in the NYT about Mary Cain.  I wonder if she'll have the patience to stay with AS for a few more seasons if she's not finishing higher soon:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/08/magazine/mary-cain-is-growing-up-fast.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news