3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

2013 Second Quarter Weight Loss Thread (Read 56 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Ugh

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

flarunner

Crap.

kcam

W6 - 147.5   Again?  C'mon, weight .... DROP!!

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

steph  

bhearn

Yep, three marathons in four weeks, with attendant carb loading and post-race gorging, have taken their toll.

W5: 164.5

W6: 164.4

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

No running and lots of beer = fat

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

187.4 for me last week.  Meh.

Not at it at all. 

flarunner

I suck.

Feeling the growl again

No running and lots of beer = fat

What was YOUR malfunction?

Oh shit, there is a weight loss widget.  I am screwed as soon as I get the nerve to step on a scale.  Although today for the first time in a long time, I can say I ran a very significant calorie deficit.  Now to do it about 90 more times.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

What was YOUR malfunction?

Oh shit, there is a weight loss widget.  I am screwed as soon as I get the nerve to step on a scale.  Although today for the first time in a long time, I can say I ran a very significant calorie deficit.  Now to do it about 90 more times.

Left butt/leg pain that I've been having for a while and the top of my right foot that I've had since the Carmel half. I can run through both, but I thought it might be smart to try and let them heal up. I'd really rather be running though, so I snuck in 2 miles this morning. They both still hurt Sad

That weight loss widget is a real bitch.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

177 - cleared for more running / activity.  I'll be in London for two weeks at the end of the month, though.  And I fully expect some backsliding.

Okay,a lot of backsliding.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Prince of Fatness

187.4 for me last week.  Meh.

And again.  At least I am not gaining. Roll eyes

Not at it at all. 

Slo

I haven't been playing...attempted to lose weight all winter.

30 days ago I signed up at http://www.myfitnesspal.com and started tracking my exercise and calorie intake...yes, I was counting calories.

In 30 days I've lost 8.2 lbs. I eliminated my daily Pop Tarts and my daily Little Debbie Nutty Bar. 3 of 4 less beers each evening two...try to keep it at no more than 2. (Although tonight I will start by ordering two beers as soon as I get to the bar...Handle Bar happy hour to cap off the end of bike to work week.)

My goal is to be under 160 by Monday.

Prince of Fatness

yes, I was counting calories.

I am seriously considering going back on Weight Watchers.  I did it once years ago and it worked (did not officially join but my wife is a life time member and she helped me figure out the points).

Not at it at all. 

Slo

I'm a month away from 48 and have never wanted or needed to lose weight before.

After plugging my goal of a weight loss of 1lb per week into thier calculator it gave me 1600 calories a day without exercise. My daily run and bike commute gives me about another 1000 - 1200 calories to consume.

1600 calories ain't shit...I don't know how people can lose weight on diet alone.

A package of Pop Tarts can upset your day pretty quick!