3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

2013 Second Quarter Weight Loss Thread (Read 56 times)

kcam

I haven't been playing...attempted to lose weight all winter.

30 days ago I signed up at http://www.myfitnesspal.com and started tracking my exercise and calorie intake...yes, I was counting calories.

In 30 days I've lost 8.2 lbs. I eliminated my daily Pop Tarts and my daily Little Debbie Nutty Bar. 3 of 4 less beers each evening two...try to keep it at no more than 2. (Although tonight I will start by ordering two beers as soon as I get to the bar...Handle Bar happy hour to cap off the end of bike to work week.)

My goal is to be under 160 by Monday.

Dude!  You needed myfitnesspaldotcom to figure this out?  I love you dumb mf'rs but C'mon guys ... this is the hurtlocker I ain't gonna be blowing sunshine up your asses, just do it. (As I can't get it done either because, among other things, I ate a 72 ounce bag of chocolate chips the wife is SUPPOSED to use for baking.  She was pissed when she went looking for it and it was gone.  I'm the dumbest mf'r of 'em all.).

Slo

Big grin

Yeah, well not changing what was doing wasn't working so I had to try something.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

131 oh yeah Sad

steph  

Prince of Fatness

just do it.

You're right of course.  And I haven't done it.  No excuses.  I am not giving up tho.

Not at it at all. 

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I eliminated my daily Pop Tarts and my daily Little Debbie Nutty Bar. 3 of 4 less beers each evening two...try to keep it at no more than 2.

I don't think I could survive.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

C-R

I haven't been playing...attempted to lose weight all winter.

30 days ago I signed up at http://www.myfitnesspal.com and started tracking my exercise and calorie intake...yes, I was counting calories.

In 30 days I've lost 8.2 lbs. I eliminated my daily Pop Tarts and my daily Little Debbie Nutty Bar. 3 of 4 less beers each evening two...try to keep it at no more than 2. (Although tonight I will start by ordering two beers as soon as I get to the bar...Handle Bar happy hour to cap off the end of bike to work week.)

My goal is to be under 160 by Monday.

Nice. I use Livestrong App and its helped me go from 185 to 171 but not nearly as fast as you. I'm at 1875 calories per day and when I run it works.

Holding steady at 171 with three days off and a lengthy stay at a new local brewery. Yeah I'm pleased going into summer. 165 is in the cards and I may make that 160.

Damn glad I didn't wager any beer with you on weight loss.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

C-R

Dude!  You needed myfitnesspaldotcom to figure this out?  I love you dumb mf'rs but C'mon guys ... this is the hurtlocker I ain't gonna be blowing sunshine up your asses, just do it. (As I can't get it done either because, among other things, I ate a 72 ounce bag of chocolate chips the wife is SUPPOSED to use for baking.  She was pissed when she went looking for it and it was gone.  I'm the dumbest mf'r of 'em all.).

Now that's funny right there. A pre-emptive cookie strike. By eating the chips you saved yourself the agony of having to eat the chips and the dough once completed.

Effing brilliant!

"Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

Feeling the growl again

Now that's funny right there. A pre-emptive cookie strike. By eating the chips you saved yourself the agony of having to eat the chips and the dough once completed.

Effing brilliant!

+1.  You actually SAVED yourself calories by eating the damn chips.  Brilliant!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

bhearn

Wow. I wonder how many calories I can "save" today.

bhearn

Right now I'm pissed because I'm up about 3 pounds from before Boston. Bay to Breakers is Sunday, and well... I'm vain enough to want to look good mostly naked. Ah well.

C-R

Wow. I wonder how many calories I can "save" today.

Depends on how many bags of chocolate chips you have in the house. Could be huge.

Oh and good luck on that nearly naked run at BtoB.

Feeling the growl again

Right now I'm pissed because I'm up about 3 pounds from before Boston. Bay to Breakers is Sunday, and well... I'm vain enough to want to look good mostly naked. Ah well.

Good luck, and don't post pics.  Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

kcam

Well callin' you guys out didn't work.  Thought it might motivate me to keep the eating in check yesterday.  Nope.

w7 - 147.7

... But, my weight tends to plateau and then take a drop of a couple pounds to a new plateau.  I have a feeling i may drop two pounds here real soon.  Hoping it's next week.  I was 144.1 after this morning's 15miler - I know it's all water but I've never been lower than 145 even after long runs before.

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I think I've reversed the downward spiral for the moment.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Well then,  we've ordered a Concept2.

Maybe the extra calories burned will help get the weight moving in the right direction.

Not to mention get some work done on the core and upper body strength!

After watching the technique video it appears that getting the form down takes quite a bit of

co-ordination.  Might take me a bit  of timeRoll eyes

mta: we'll see Friday.

steph