3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

May Racing Thread (Read 1824 times)

I look my best blurry!

+10

Oh the PRESSURE you people put on me! I might take up knitting next year instead. Is there such a thing as competitive knitting?
      Oh the PRESSURE you people put on me! I might take up knitting next year instead. Is there such a thing as competitive knitting?

Anything can be competitive. I have proved this over the years by flipping out on people when they beat me at board games or find the golden egg in an easter egg hunt, etc.

But...runners run Smile

Is there such a thing as competitive knitting?

There is when you're the one doing it.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I have the impression that anyone trying to OTQ is likely to get comp'd at many marathons.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Long Branch Half Marathon - sub-1:35

sub-1:30

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Feeling the growl again

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Awesome Big grin Will have fingers and toes crossed for you.

Apparently there is

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

Well that turned out better than I thought it would...1 OA, 15:59.  Felt good even with much of Mile 2 into a headwind.  Didn't know where mile markers were so had no clue of splits.  Don't know if that helped or not.  Just pushed it along where I could.  For not racing a 5k in a good 17-18 months, I'll take it.

Feeling the growl again

Well that turned out better than I thought it would...1 OA, 15:59.  Felt good even with much of Mile 2 into a headwind.  Didn't know where mile markers were so had no clue of splits.  Don't know if that helped or not.  Just pushed it along where I could.  For not racing a 5k in a good 17-18 months, I'll take it.

Dude....WTF....   8O

Certified?  Wink

Great run!  Not shabby for a sub-17 goal.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Certified - unfortunately no.  Mapped it twice and came up with 3.08 both times.  So looks to be a little short.  The course went through my subdivision so I knew the roads quite well. Call it slightly over 16???  Either way, I'm happy how it went and felt good throughout.  I can tell I pushed it out there with how I'm feeling now.  I miss that post racing type of feeling.

Feeling the growl again

Certified - unfortunately no.  Mapped it twice and came up with 3.08 both times.  So looks to be a little short.  The course went through my subdivision so I knew the roads quite well. Call it slightly over 16???  Either way, I'm happy how it went and felt good throughout.  I can tell I pushed it out there with how I'm feeling now.  I miss that post racing type of feeling.

It mapping said 3.08, I'd say you have no reason to think it was short at all.

I look my best blurry!

Apparently there is

This is my future!!!  I love this!!!  

I look my best blurry!

Nader!  YOU GO BUD!  First you, then me.  If it doesn't work out, I'm checking out the knitting!

I look my best blurry!

There is when you're the one doing it.

Well, yeah!  Of course!  I wouldn't be making doilies just for the heck of it!  

mta- I want to win!!!