3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

May Racing Thread (Read 1824 times)

Feeling the growl again

Certified - unfortunately no.  Mapped it twice and came up with 3.08 both times.  So looks to be a little short.  The course went through my subdivision so I knew the roads quite well. Call it slightly over 16???  Either way, I'm happy how it went and felt good throughout.  I can tell I pushed it out there with how I'm feeling now.  I miss that post racing type of feeling.

Oh, and all you others better step it up.  mbehr just set a huge bar for this month's beer.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Well that turned out better than I thought it would...1 OA, 15:59.  Felt good even with much of Mile 2 into a headwind.  Didn't know where mile markers were so had no clue of splits.  Don't know if that helped or not.  Just pushed it along where I could.  For not racing a 5k in a good 17-18 months, I'll take it.

Fantastic!

1:35:11 for me. There's still time. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Fantastic!

And a 2 min PR, right? Nice one.
          mbehr = awesome

I look my best blurry!

mbehr - you beat your goal by a minute?! in a 5K, and your goal was sub-17?! DADGUM!!!  That's awesome - congratulations!

Fantastic!

Congratulations Nader, looks like you drug that ol' hurt laig along pretty fast!  Hope you heal up and get that sub 1:30 soon!

Free racing is cool!  I gotta blow my own horn here (uhh, did I actually say that out loud?).  Last year I was able to finish in the top 10 of the Pacific Associaton USATF Grand Prix (Masters)  which means they comp you on all entry fees in the Grand Prix for the next year.  There are 5 races in the long-course series - a 10miler, 12K , two 1/2 marathons and a marathon (CIM) - so I get to race 5 times this year for free!  Feels cool to just send in your entry with "COMP'D" written across the top.  Still, not nearly as cool as getting comp'd cuz you actually WON the race or finished 2nd!  Congrats on your achievements - they are definitely impressive and it's been pretty exciting to follow your progress.  Both you and wannabe have really made significant improvements in your racing.  Here's to more 'free' racing for you girls.

When I read this at first, I thought you were talking about "free running", which is where you run up walls and flip over stuff, and flop around all crazy-like.

Congrats to you and Candice and Wannabee, and the other fast folks who get comp'd.

I got comp'd for a 5 mile race once, but it was just because I helped at packet pickup.  And with that little story, I've exhausted the tales of my glory days of running. Ha!

I look my best blurry!

I haven't received anything free but I was pretty excited to get this e-mail today! Unfortunately, my coach doesn't seem impressed. Too soon after Boston for another goal race maybe. ??? SEEDED RUNNER INFORMATION Greetings,   This email is to confirm that you have received a seeded position for the Dick's Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon or UPMC Health Plan Pittsburgh Half Marathon. You will be positioned in Corral A at the start.

mbehr - you beat your goal by a minute?! in a 5K, and your goal was sub-17?! DADGUM!!!  That's awesome - congratulations!

+1.   Woof.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

I haven't received anything free but I was pretty excited to get this e-mail today! Unfortunately, my coach doesn't seem impressed. Too soon after Boston for another goal race maybe. ??? SEEDED RUNNER INFORMATION Greetings,   This email is to confirm that you have received a seeded position for the Dick's Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon or UPMC Health Plan Pittsburgh Half Marathon. You will be positioned in Corral A at the start.

Isnt Pittsburg in like, November?

(but that is cool, I think you could get corral A at Chicago too, btw)

I look my best blurry!

PIttsburgh is May 15th.  

Congratulations Nader, looks like you drug that ol' hurt laig along pretty fast!  Hope you heal up and get that sub 1:30 soon!

Thank you very much, Tony.  

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

PIttsburgh is May 15th.  

Oh...yea...that's pretty quick turnaround Smile

I think I was thinking of the Philly distance run....maybe.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Philadelphia is traditionally in late November, I believe. The first Rehoboth marathon (late November) got overflow from people who didn't get into Philly.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.