3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

May Racing Thread (Read 1824 times)

I look my best blurry!

Oh...yea...that's pretty quick turnaround Smile

I think I was thinking of the Philly distance run....maybe.

I'm thinking about Philly or Chicago. And the Monkey!

Newport 10k

Jersey City, N.J.

sub-41

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Prince of Fatness

Philadelphia is traditionally in late November, I believe.

The marathon is, and I believe it has a half.  There is also the Philly Distance Run which is a separate event and is a half.  That is in September.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Newport 10k

Jersey City, N.J.

sub-41

Date?

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Date?

Looks to be this weekend (5/7).  Good luck Nads...going for a PR?  Even looks like your 10k split from the half this weekend was better than your listed 10k PR.  Good luck!

Woa. I didn't even notice that.

Thank, Mike. Yeah 5/7.  Sorry, Spans. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I haven't received anything free but I was pretty excited to get this e-mail today! Unfortunately, my coach doesn't seem impressed. Too soon after Boston for another goal race maybe. ??? SEEDED RUNNER INFORMATION Greetings,   This email is to confirm that you have received a seeded position for the Dick's Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon or UPMC Health Plan Pittsburgh Half Marathon. You will be positioned in Corral A at the start.

Cool! Congratulations - too bad the timing is not right.  Looks like you're on the way up, so I'm sure there will be others.  You should ask Trent what corral he's putting you in. Smile

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

The marathon is, and I believe it has a half.  There is also the Philly Distance Run which is a separate event and is a half.  That is in September.

Great.

Like the Penn Relays Distance run, or whatever, which isn't actually in the days of the Penn Relays, I think.

They take advantage of us runners just because we're dumb and easily confused.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I look my best blurry!

Cool! Congratulations - too bad the timing is not right.  Looks like you're on the way up, so I'm sure there will be others.  You should ask Trent what corral he's putting you in. Smile

This might make all the difference, so I will ask.  I'm hoping to be an invited elite with free accommodations, access to a separate warm-up area, separate clean porta potty, free registration and beer.  Clown

I look my best blurry!

My goal for Pittsburgh is 1:30:59.  That would be a 70 sec PR.  A little lofty but WTH!

Feeling the growl again

My goal for Pittsburgh is 1:30:59.  That would be a 70 sec PR.  A little lofty but WTH!

A 70sec PR lofty?  After what you did at Boston?

Meh.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Agreed.

Also, I guess I better be in shape at Monkey this year. Traci's coming back too and she just broke my PR.

So i've been advised not to race the half marathon...

after my workout fail today I figure that might be pretty good advice.

I dunno.

I look my best blurry!

So i've been advised not to race the half marathon...

after my workout fail today I figure that might be pretty good advice.

I dunno.

What happened?

Oh nothing specific...I just can't run fast right now so maybe i'm not entirely recovered from the marathon. Not sure if i'll be able to race well by then. The 10k on Saturday, and then some really crappy mile repeats today. Those may have been due to the 30mph headwind though....i'm gonna go with that Smile