3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

May Racing Thread (Read 1824 times)

5/7 Lost Lake 50k

Goal: don't die plus maybe top three because it's a small race

I get to run for free and I need some long training runs for San Diego 100, so why the hell not.

~Sara
    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

The weather cooperated and we had a pretty decent morning for the Indy Mini-Marathon. There were a couple of light drizzles, but they actually felt pretty good. I started off at a good easy pace, ran way too fast in the middle of the race and started to run out of gas toward the end, but overall I'm pretty happy. Finished in 2:20:50.

Richard

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Prince of Fatness

5/7 NJ Trail Spring Series, Race 3, Half Marathon, Morristown, NJ

I ran 2:27 back in February on the same course.  At that time it was a sheet of ice.  The ice is gone and I'm in better shape now so let's try to knock 10 minutes off.  Goal = 2:17

2:08:09 by my watch.  I guess that I underestimated how much of an effect the ice had in February.

My leg has been acting up lately so I am very pleased with this.  I thought that it would be a problem a few miles in but it loosened up as the race progressed.  It was a great morning for a run.

Not at it at all. 

Feeling the growl again

Nice job both of you!

Yeah, I stepped outside this morning and thought damn, it was a nice morning for a run.  But as out of shape as I am I probably would have just been pissed at my time.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Nice running!

My day was mostly a fail. Didn't die, but got lost (missed a 9 mile out and back somehow) so I made up the miles with another woman. We were in 3rd and 4th and probably would have finished there, but now our results are unofficial. So it goes. Good training run.

~Sara
            It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Spring flowers bring racing powers.

Result:

mbehr -- 5/1 -- Still Shuffle 5K -- <17:00                                                                    15:59  (DUDE...)

NaderAlfie -- 5/1 -- Long Brand HM -- sub-1:30                                                    1:35:11

rockenmamof5 -- 5/1 -- Leigh Valley HM -- 1:47

MandyS -- 5/7 -- Univ XC Relays 3.9K -- 17:30

MrPHinNJ -- 5/7 -- NJ Spring Trail Series #3 HM -- 2:17                                       2:08:09

NaderAlfie -- 5/7 -- Newport 10K, Jersey City -- sub-41

rabutler -- 5/7 -- Indy Mini HM -- 2:30                                                                         2:20:50

smalcolm -- 5/7 -- Lost Lake 50K -- don't die, maybe top 3                                    didn't die, got lost

Dopple Bock -- 5/14 -- Ice Age 50 Mile Trail Race -- sub-8 hrs, >8 beers

CandiceS -- 5/15 -- Rockford HM -- 1:26-1:28

TonyP -- 5/15 -- Knoxville Half IM -- 5:30

wannaberunner -- 5/15 -- Pittsburgh HM -- listen to Mr. Myagi

MandyS -- 5/27 -- Vossier Shield 5K  -- 26:00 

MrPHinNY -- 5/28 -- Run For Derek 5K, Easton PA -- 21:30

Missed start mat. Not my day: 6.32 in 44:49

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Pretty happy with that as it was wet and muddy underfoot.  

Nice running!

My day was mostly a fail. Didn't die, but got lost (missed a 9 mile out and back somehow) so I made up the miles with another woman. We were in 3rd and 4th and probably would have finished there, but now our results are unofficial. So it goes. Good training run.

Not a bad day's work for seven days after a 50-miler. I see you wore the Masochist. I may give them a try.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I look my best blurry!

Ran the Susan B Komen Mother's Day 5K in Pittsburgh.  It was a really cool event!  I didn't realize how big it would be or as HILLY!  I live in Pittsburgh and I'm used to hills but the first mile was all uphill.  I knew I should have warmed up!  I was 5th female and 1st Masters in 20:14.  The survivors march at the beginning was so emotional.  Everyone was crying.  Tell all the women you love to get their mammograms.  Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there!  

mta-Correction!  Official results, I was 5th female, not 4th.  No biggie.  

The weather cooperated and we had a pretty decent morning for the Indy Mini-Marathon. There were a couple of light drizzles, but they actually felt pretty good. I started off at a good easy pace, ran way too fast in the middle of the race and started to run out of gas toward the end, but overall I'm pretty happy. Finished in 2:20:50.

Richard

Good job Richard.  Your description of how you ran the race really doesn't sound too bad depending on how much you slowed down at the end.  

2:08:09 by my watch.  I guess that I underestimated how much of an effect the ice had in February.

My leg has been acting up lately so I am very pleased with this.  I thought that it would be a problem a few miles in but it loosened up as the race progressed.  It was a great morning for a run.

Good job man.  It's been a long comeback for you, so hopefully this is a big step toward you getting back to 100%.  Congratulations!

Missed start mat. Not my day: 6.32 in 44:49

6.32? So did you turn around and run back over the start mat, or was the course long? Keep racing and your day will come.

Nice running!

Sara - Sorry you got lost, but I'm really glad you didn't die. Smile

Ok, so no one has pointed this out...but the race name is "Lost Lake", so maybe finding your way around that area is a problem for everyone.

Good job even if it did end up being a training run. 

Pretty happy with that as it was wet and muddy underfoot.  

Good job Mandy, especially in the mud.

Ran the Susan B Komen Mother's Day 5K in Pittsburgh.  It was a really cool event!  I didn't realize how big it would be or as HILLY!  I live in Pittsburgh and I'm used to hills but the first mile was all uphill.  I knew I should have warmed up!  I was 4th female and 1st Masters in 20:14.  The survivors march at the beginning was so emotional.  Everyone was crying.  Tell all the women you love to get their mammograms.  Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there!  

Sounds like it was a great day all around.  Congratulations on 1st Masters and 4th female.  Apparently the "jogging" strategy is working pretty well for you.  It should be awesome when it comes time for you to really race.