3650 Miles in the Hurtlocker

May Racing Thread (Read 1824 times)

DoppleBock

Typical runner bullshit - Sandbagging bullshit.  The tempo put the right amount of tension in your legs.  This will allow you to run at optimal pace right out of the shoot.  Once you clear the girls who started way to far up front, it will be clear ... painful ... Oxygen deprived ... sailing.

Nothing but possitive thoughts CS

Have a great race! 

How did you know my goal?

Actually, it'd be cool to run 5:41. That's Bens PR marathon pace. I'm throwing up right now thinking about it. 3 1/2 hours. Ugh.

I didn't really take this seriously...I did a tempo run yesterday. My legs probably aren't as there as they should be. Whatever, its just a mile, right?

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

You, my dear, are tweaking. In the marathon, it's three weeks. In the mile, it's three hours.  

Relax. Focus. Execute. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Good luck!  5.41 sounds like a great goal.  But as you are there you might as well make it 5.40 Smile

Run well!  And don't throw up any more.  At least not till after. Throwing up on the finish line shows a certain commitment level.

Feeling the growl again

So???

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

TonyP - Good luck this weekend with the 70.3!  Are you getting stir crazy yet?

Thanks mbehr! Can't keep my legs still, always nervous about the swim, cleaning my bike last night I found a cut in one of the tires so had to go get new ones because this course has some steep hills.  Enough to worry about at 40 mph on a bike besides the tire coming apart! 

After I get past the nerves, it should be fun!

Thanks, Dopple Bock! 

I will be lining up for a 5k on Saturday. I really hope to set a personal best, but I have accepted that I am really training through these races. Through to what? I don't know. Just a time of discovery and pushing my body.  

spaniel if you wouldn't mind adding it:

Shepherd's Lake 5k 

Goal: PR

All the best, TonyP!

Thanks Nader, and good luck to you!

DB - Good luck on your 50 miler!

Candice - Good luck on your HM!(and your mile, but you've probably finished that one by now).

Wannabee - (I feel like I'm dissing you calling you that LOL!)  Good luck on your HM!

So???

I think it was 5:44 but I don't have the official results. The clock did not match up at all.

Okay it was actually 5:54.

Whatevs. That sucked!

MTA: Thanks for the congrats TP!

5:43 - or better

don't let any chuncky girls beat you 

This is the only thing that saved me from completely losing it and running > 6.

Some chunky waisted girl started to pass me and I went all "OH HELL NO" on her ass. I credit you.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Some chunky waisted girl started to pass me and I went all "OH HELL NO" on her ass.

This is excellent.

One can not even imagine what would happen if you actually trained at all, and if someone could find some much faster chunky-waisted girls to race with you...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Feeling the growl again

Some chunky waisted girl started to pass me and I went all "OH HELL NO" on her ass. I credit you.

Just wait until you start having that kind of reaction when it's someone significantly younger than you...

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Can't wait! ha.

Nah...the whole chunky chick thing...that doesn't happen to me in marathons, or halfs. Not even close. But pretty often in shorter races. Why is that? Is it all about needing a little beef on your bones to run fast over a shorter distance?

I felt like my lower body was doing all the work last night and my upper body was flapping around all over the place in the wind. It didn't know how to handle it.

Feeling the growl again

Can't wait! ha.

Nah...the whole chunky chick thing...that doesn't happen to me in marathons, or halfs. Not even close.

Unfortunately I've been getting chunkie'd way too much lately.  But I'm working on that.

In the shorter races their fast-twitch and anaerobic advantages more than make up for the extra weight....and if some of that extra weight gives them more power that's great too.  In the longer races none of those things are advantages but the weight is a big negative.

Before I boarded the plane for Boston I weighted 149.  Somehow last week I was up to 160...now saying 155.8.  I guess I AM the chunkie for now and my workouts are showing it.

Nice work keeping it under 6!

For me it's the saggy, flat mom-butts. I can't let them beat me.

~Sara
                                It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan