2019 in 2019

Have You Hit Your Running Goal for 2019? (Read 68 times)

catwhoorg

Labrat

There will be another group for individuals next year.  Stay tuned for info.

I am looking forward to it.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Hit my mileage goal this morning. Team Cirque knows the rest already, so they should feel free to stop reading.

I had mixed results for the year but thankfully I got the disappointing part over early. I had planned on this being the last year I attempted marathon PR’s, and registered for both Boston and NYC (I had qualifying times for both from 2018).

Boston training was completely derailed by a slip on the ice, which also caused an extended stay on IR for the mileage game.

I came back from that to ease into the best training I’ve ever had. At NYC I finished with a one minute negative split and a two minute PR. It was my 10th marathon and was a great way to finish the year.

paul2432

I hit my mileage goal today.

Other goals, I met some and missed others.

My best race was the Leona Divide 100K, where I was able to finish strong which was my main goal and a first for me at the 100K distance.

I also finished AC 100 which was a goal but walked the last 30 miles which wasn’t. Hopefully running again in 2020 and will finish strong.

fimmx

My goal was to run *a lot* to build a solid base for my first 100 miler next year. I did that for sure! I have gotten to a point where the marathon distance doesn’t scare me any more. Things are set up well I think for 2 goals in 2020 - finish the 100 and then a marathon time goal. The time goal is audacious enough (for me) that I am hesitant to even speak it out. 😬

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

1200 miles .Most miles in the past 3 years. Will reach 1300. Goal is to stay between 1200 - 1300 miles as long as body will allow.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My original goal is too far now ever since I got the VitD deficiency, but I'm 2 miles from completing the secondary goal and that should be completed tomorrow. Big grin

Damaris

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

My goal is 800 miles. I hit 801 miles today. Yay! (I can remember a number of years when I did more than twice that mileage - yet I will happily take the 801). Monday and Tuesday are scheduled rest days, so 801 will be my year end total.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Finished both the running and cycling goals I set last year...before I knew I'd lose a lung lobe to colorectal cancer metastasis. So...I'm setting higher goals for 2020, because clearly I was sandbagging. Also will be back to my favorite local olympic distance duathlon (and several sprints) after a miserable 3 year hiatus. Working my way up to a Powerman du in 2021.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

nukie19

Hit my 2019mi goal today! As my last running day of the year, it was a nice way to end... hopefully I’ll have a bit more margin next year, though...

kettledrum

No, not even close.  Very disappointed in myself.

All About that Pace 2024

But we clean the slate in 2 days.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

But did you learn something? It's only a waste if you didn't learn anything you can take forward.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

102.4 miles over.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Chris P

This morning with a 5.6 mile run I reached my 2019 goal of 1700 miles. I started with 1500 and added 200 in July as I was way ahead and wanted to reach green for as many weeks as possible.

It was a great year for me. I finished first in my age group at the Savannah Women's Half, ran the Peachtree Classic on July 4th with 60,000 other people and ended my marathon career (19 races) with the Athens Marathon, the Authentic in Greece in November.

I am so grateful I am able to run everyday at least one mile. Currently today is 1931 days for a total of 8897.4 miles.

Love being a part of this running game!

Happy New Year!

Chris P