50 and over 5k and beyond

December 2016 Runs and Workouts (Read 12 times)

NH Runner

If you watched the weather forecast for the country yesterday, you know we had a snowstorm go through last night.   Locally we got less than forecast, they'd predicted a foot or more and it looks like I've got about 8 inches to clean up this morning.

Regarding DW... there's a guy here who rides the railtrail on an ATV with a dog tethered to a pole in front of the machine.    He sits and rides while the dog runs along up front.   Ironically, the guy looks to weigh over 300 pounds.   I mention him because that's what it would have taken to get DW to exercise, tie her to my vehicle and drag her along...lol   We all know I'd have made the national news if I'd tried that stunt...lol

DW's told me right along I'm going to 'pay' someday for working out the way I do, I guess the notion being I'm wearing my body out.   Fortunately for us though, we're biomechanical and blessed with a body that heals.    So in her case, the opposite of wearing your body out is to rest it all the time, which is what she's been doing.   Until now... lol

She's fortunate there was no damage to her heart, getting her to the hospital quickly with a response team that knew exactly what to do made the difference.   And now, because we know her pipes are clean and there's no danger of health issues, she's walking.   Not much, but it's a start and something she's aware she needs to start doing.

I'll start posting again on a regular basis soon, I haven't run in a few days and won't today because of the storm.

Thanks for the well wishes, this is my little support group of like minded people who I appreciate very much.    Thanks again!

Ray... no Lovenox, Aspirin regimen and another med I THINK is a blood thinner...

NH Runner

Friday, 12/30... managed to get out later in the day for 4 miles of XC skiing today.   My buddy owns a small business where I parked, saw me pull up, grabbed his skis and invited himself along...lol  Beautiful afternoon, 36 degrees with plenty of sunshine.   Lot's of snowmobilers, but no-one was in a hurry...

Chantilly75

NH Runner Good to hear that you and your wife are doing ok. Nice to get out on the skis with your friend.

6 miles at 8AM

4 miles at 11AM

Snow shovel x40 minutes after lunch.

Back to work.

"dancing on the path and singing, now you got away,

you can reach the goals you set from now on, every day"

Sonata Arctica

rmcj001

Chantilly - Nice double to end the year.  The cross training is a bonus and working today to boot! Well, I like everything but work... Hope 2017 is a great year for you!

Rich - Good to hear things are looking better! Nice to get out and nice for the old buddy to tag a long!

So, 6.1 miles yesterday and a quick 10K today (yes, let's mix up those units!). Finished the year with 2502.6 miles and beat that damn pace bunny! Wishing everyone a fantastic 2017!

Ray